Suffer The Children (Part 9) | "That's my girlfriend, you dickhead!"

Start from the beginning

I nodded, giving her one last kiss before carefully sneaking around the picnic tables, crouching low and keeping my footsteps quiet. I reached the hiding place, and gave a shivering Tenn an encouraging smile. I then turned back and saw the raider looking at the impaled walker heads.

???: The fuck is all this?

???: Focus. They’re just scarecrows.

Abel then looked to the ‘LEAVE OR DIE’ banner hanging from the admin building what Tenn had written, smiling slyly.

Abel: Guess they took us seriously.

Lilly: Spread out.

I saw Mitch and Willy a few metres away, backing up in their hiding place as a female raider approached. Then I saw Clem stand up from her own hiding place, drawing her bow and aiming for Lilly.

Clementine: Lilly! Move, and I’ll shoot.

Abel: You won’t get the chance.

I saw his hand as he gestured to a sniper that sat in a tree outside the gates, their gun aimed at Clementine. But before they could shoot, Lilly raised her own hand to stop them.

Lilly: Where’s our new recruits?

Clementine: They’re not yours!

Lilly: Search the yard.

I saw Abel heading towards me and Tenn, so I pushed us both back, further into the darkness to hide in the shadows.

Lilly: If Clementine moves, shoot her.

I prayed in my head that the girl wouldn’t do anything stupid to get herself killed. I couldn’t lose her. I loved her.

Lilly: We’ll find them, Clementine. And then we’ll take them. And you, and your little boy.

Clementine: I don’t think you wanna kill me. Just like you didn’t want to in the woods.

Lilly: Shut up.

Clementine: You can’t fucking do it, can you?

I saw Mitch and Willy sneaking around the edge of the courtyard, holding the bomb.

Lilly: You’ve changed.

Clementine: I grew up.

Lilly: I can see that. God, you are just like him. Lee would’ve been heartbroken, knowing he taught you all the wrong things. That the sweet little girl he protected turned out like this.

Clementine: You’re right, Lilly. I am just like him. And if he saw me now, he’d be proud of who I am.

Lilly: Why? Because you pick fights you can’t win? Right. I’m sure that made all his sacrifices worth it.

Mitch and Willy plant the bomb underneath the carts, smirking at each other.

Clementine: Get out.

Lilly: If you won’t help me find the others, I’ll find someone who will. We’ve recruited from this school before. Minnie wanted to come along tonight.

I felt Tenn tense beside me and I grabbed his shoulder, trying to stop him from doing anything that he would regret.

Lilly: To tell you how well she’s adjusted to our life. How happy she is. She said she had a girlfriend back here.

I saw Violet, across the yard, her face saddening.

Lilly: Friends she missed. One guy, he could always make her laugh, no matter what.