- 16 -

Riley drops his shirt to the floor and looks at his reflection. He can't believe that Lottie talked him into getting a tattoo. Taking care of it has been a pain in his ass and he still doesn't know what Lottie got.

He sighs and heads back to his bedroom, stopping in his tracks when he sees Lottie standing by his bed in a pair of incredibly skimpy lace panties and a matching, see through bralette.

His eyes go from her face to her breasts, down her toned torso then trail down her incredibly long legs. "Red is definitely your color."

Lottie rolls her eyes playfully. Her eyes drop to his chest. This is her first time seeing his tattoo. "What does it say?" She asks, brushing her fingers over the space below the fresh ink.

"This bird you cannot change." He says in a low voice, looking between her fingers and her face. He can feel his heart flutter under her touch. Her face drops slightly. "What?"

Lottie gathers her hair over one shoulder then turns around to show him hers. She got a sparrow on her shoulder blade with "Fly High Free Bird" surrounding it.

"Did you plan this?" Lottie asks.

"No. I told you I didn't want to get matching tattoos." He laughs. "What're the chances?"

She laughs too, sitting back on his bed.

"You wanna move the rest of your stuff in here?" He asks. "Switch the mattresses since you have the bigger one?"

"I don't have the bigger one. I have the newer one." She shoots back, grabbing a flannel from his drawer. "But sure."

Riley can feel his entire body smile. He's so in love with this girl it hurts. Sure, they've been dating for a while now, almost a year, but making any steps toward a life long commitment seems kind of like they're jumping the gun.

He wants to marry her one day.

Their relationship really hasn't changed since they went official. The only thing that has is them kissing and fucking around more but other than that, everything is the same. Thank god for that. It feels so natural, being around each other.

Maybe this is a life long thing.

"You gonna help me or not?" Lottie shouts from her bedroom.

Riley jumps up from his bed and rushes over to help her. She's got him wrapped around her little finger and he couldn't feel more honored.

Lottie's already got the bed stripped and the sheets put in her laundry basket along with the pillow cases. "Okay, one, two, three." They get the mattress off the frame and lean it against the wall.

"I can get mine out of my room." Riley says.

It takes them longer than they thought to switch the mattresses but they get it done in half an hour.

Lottie gathered their sheets and is in the middle of washing them when her phone starts ringing in the kitchen. Riley picks it up and hands it to her.

She furrows her brows and tucks her cell between her ear and shoulder. "Calvin, what's up?" She asks as she snaps a flat sheet before folding it.

"It's Chuck." He sighs back. "He's in the hospital."

"You don't sound too worried." She responds, setting the folded sheet on top of the dryer.

"It's Chuck." He shrugs. "That bastard has more lives than a damn cat."

A while ago, Chuck got hit head on by a semi truck and lived. A few years after that, a dog in the trailer park went after him and took a chunk out of his thigh. It got infected- really infected and now has an eight inch inverted scar covering the side of his leg. Shortly after that, at work, he fell off a ladder and sprained his back pretty badly. He was supposed to be on bed rest for a few months but didn't lay longer than a week.