- 4 -

It's near midnight when Lottie bursts into Riley's bedroom. Christian had told her she's on the path to putting out her debut album so she's got to kick it into gear. She's been working on different songs since she got back from her meeting, that was at ten this morning. Riley was helping her brainstorm but he got tired and went to bed early like the old man he is.

"Wake up!" She says, flicking the bedside lamp. Riley groans and pulls the sheets over his head. Lottie huffs and suddenly tickles the bottom of his foot. He jerks from her touch and gives her a half asleep dirty look.

"What- what time is it?" He slurs out in a deep voice that makes Lottie's body heat up.

"Check this out!" She pulls him into a sitting position by his hand then shoves the sheet music at him. "What do you think?"

"I can't- I can't hear this, baby."

"N- duh! The words, though?"

"Yeah sure, it's good." He yawns, handing her the paper back before dropping his head onto his pillow.

"Riley!" She whines, running her fingers over his face then through his hair. "C'mon, I need your help." He lets out fake snores, the corner of his lips tugging at a smile.

Lottie huffs and straddles him, her legs on either side of his hips and her hands heavy on his chest. He cracks an eye open when he feels blood rush down south. He bites his lip, blushing bright red in the pale lamp light at the fact that his best friend is getting him hard so he wraps an arm around her waist and moves her to the side. She squeals and laughs, taking a mental note of the way her legs are hooked over his hips, the way her hands are pinned above her head and the way that his now unbelievably rock-hard cock is pressed right up against her barely covered pussy.

She's kind of into it.

She giggles quietly and bites her bottom lip. Riley moves a hand to her cheek, using his thumb to free her pretty pink lip from its entrapment between her teeth. His eyes linger for a second before he comes to his senses and pulls back.

Lottie's still giggling to herself as she sits up, ignoring the way the shirt she's wearing is bunched up over her hips and how the neckline slipped off her shoulder. Riley catches a glimpse at how beautiful yet fucking sexy she looks- effortlessly sexy and he clears his throat roughly.

The tension is suffocatingly thick.

Lottie hasn't talked to Morgan since that night he left her and Riley came to her rescue. She hasn't seen him either. She's been assuming that they broke up but she also doesn't want to talk to him again. She wasted two years of her life on him.

"I'm gonna go write some- some more." She says, standing and fixing her shirt. Riley nods, his eyes trailing down her back to her partially exposed ass, watching her walk out. He flops back against the mattress and exhales heavily, running his hand through his hair.

Lottie smiles shyly to herself as she sits on the couch, her legs criss-crossed with her guitar in her arms. She pulls the coffee table towards her, kicks her feet up and starts messing with some recording app she has on her laptop. She picks up her pen and starts writing down words that are swirling in her mind.

"Riley!" She shouts, standing and heading to the kitchen. "Ri!"

"Goddamn- what!?" He yells back as he makes his way to the heart of the home.

"Here." She hands him a beer and a rather large cup of what's probably whiskey then heads to the living room. "Just listen to this." Riley sighs as he sits next to her, kicking his feet up on the too-close coffee table after knocking his knees against the edge.