- 2 -

Riley Green as Himself

+++

Lottie winks at Riley as she's setting up the stage for her set at a bar in Nashville. She's got her guitar set in her stand while she's fiddling around with the cables.

"Here." Riley says, handing her a drink he ordered for her. "Need help?"

"Yeah, actually." She hops to her feet and stands at the mic. "Soundcheck." Riley slides behind the small soundboard and starts messing with the controls. "Check, Check, Check." She says then clicks her tongue.

"Okay, guitar." Riley says. Lottie picks up her guitar and plays a few chords. "Sounds good." He smiles. "You nervous?"

"Nah." She takes the drink from his hand and downs it. "It's six." She clears her throat and hops back up on stage. "Okay."

"Good luck, Lot." He winks at her and she blushes. Sure, living with Riley in such close quarters kind of sparked a few tiny flames within Lottie and her body but she's been forcing herself to keep seeing him as her best friend, nothing more, nothing less.

"Hey y'all." She says into the mic, licking her lips. "I'm Lottie Cross and I'm from, uh, small town just outside of Jacksonville, Alabama. I've been livin' here in Nashville for a few years or so with my best friend just tryna make my dreams come true." She chuckles at herself. "Anyways, I take requests and any tips y'all wanna bestow upon me right there in that bucket."

Riley smiles, leaning back against the chair he's sitting in. She's been trying to get signed to a label ever since she moved to Nashville. Riley got signed when he moved a year before her to Big Machine. He's been helping her write songs for herself and vise versa.

"This next song is one me and my best friend wrote a while ago." She shoots a wink at him. "It's called, uh, Dance Her Home. Riley, get on up here." He grins and grabs his beer, joining her on the stage.

"Here she comes a walkin' in, cotton dress a swishin'. Smoke is thick and the lights are dim and she sure got me wishin' for a little bit of time out on that ol' dance floor. If she gives me half a chance at romance I'm gonna dance her home..."

She laughs, nodding to a few more patrons that find a seat at the bar. When the song ends, the bar is full and she's beyond pleased with herself.

And after her two hour set, she's packing her things back up with the help of Riley. "Hey." She glances behind her and sees a boy standing there with soft brown waves and a Tennessee Vols ball cap. "Killer set, darlin'." He smiles.

"Thanks." She tucks her hand in the pack pocket of her curve hugging flares. "Glad you enjoyed it."

"Enjoyed the singer more than the songs but," He shrugs, looking her over. "I'd love to buy you a drink." She blushes but it's hidden by the dim lighting of the bar. "Morgan." He holds his hand out.

"Lottie." She shakes it. "We just gon' stand here or are you gon' by me a drink?" His face lights up and they head to the bar where she orders some tropical drink she had glanced at and he gets a Bud Light.

"How long've you been singin' in Nashville?" He asks, resting his cheek on his fist with his elbow against the table they're sitting at.

"Few years." She says after she takes a swallow of her drink. "What're you doin' in Nashville?"

"Same thing you are. Pursuin' my musical dreams." He shoots her a heart fluttering goofy smile and she blushes even harder.