9. Holy blade

The man has an angelic face. He has firm and beautiful features. His eyes were bright and deep like an ocean. He wore a white and golden silk satin cloth that makes him look divine and the cloth glows in a golden light, adding a magnificent touch to his divinity.
His skin was pale white under the bright lights. She reached for the right words to say but it's like her mind was blocked with something solid and she found none.

The man exudes life, radiating around him. Serra could feel it. Infact, the whole place was full of life and of hope and of love.

She noticed at the back of the man was a pair of wings, it wasn't feathery, it was made with golden flame and it flapped gracefully behind his back.

"Come" the man said in his angelic voice, "follow me".

The man turned around, in front of her was his wings, bright and terrifyingly beautiful. There was a sudden urge in her hands to touch it, to see if it's real. She wondered if it's hot to touch but she shoved away the thought.

The man or she thought an angel started to move forward and she followed obediently. He was like floating in the air as she didn't saw its feet on his long silky robe. He moved gracefully as the wind.

Ahead of them, she could see a dot of swirling colors and as they got closer, it grew into a door like a portal. The man pass through it and disappeared into the vortex without looking back at her.

Serra hesitated for a moment and then she followed. She closed her eyes and stepped into the vortex, bracing herself.

When she opened her eyes, her jaw almost dropped on what she saw. In front of her was the most beautiful thing she have ever seen. She lost words to describe how beautiful it was.

"This is Ether" the man said, "the realm of the heavens"

It was like a big city. At the center stood a huge building, built with gold and white marbles. It has a tall gate and was also made of pure gold with delicate designs and patterns. Its top was plated with gold and the very top of it was a crystal, opaque and golden, floating and radiates energy and life.
Around the building were smaller ones with various designs but they're all beautiful and magnificent as the others.

From afar, she could see mountains, it's top gleamed in light and there's also small buildings in there.

She wander her eyes around, there were trees that bears golden fruits, there's a statue of an angel that holds a jar that puored water as clean as a crystal, sparkling in the bright lights.

The city was full of beings like him. They wore the same clothing as him, silky white and gold satin robe. They also have wings, flaming and bright as the sun. There are women and men, all look magnificent. Some has swords on their sides and some were flying in the air, their wings flapping gracefully.

There are fields around where the plants are beautiful and foreign to her.
She could look around at the beauty of the city forever and will not grow weary.

She was stunned and strucked at the beauty of the view, forgetting the man. She found him looking at her, his face expressionless and unreadble.

"My name is Caro" he said, his eyes were deep and shallow at the same time, "the guardian of your world, the leader of the Ethereal army".

Her body tighten, remembering the story her mother used to tell her. But before she could speak, Caro spoke as if he can read her mind.

"I was once like you" he said, his hands on his sides, "chosen to wield the power of Ether. An Inkur"

"I know" she interrupted. The vortex behind her vanished into thin air like a bubble. She could see behind her fields of trees and beautiful buildings. She put her eyes again on Caro, who look angelic and eerie at the same time. "You're kind of famous in our land. Your death was the reason why your wife Sharih unleashed those Reapers into the land and destroyed the humanity".