7. Trader's trail

Village of Damacc

Sisi bent down and fueled the hot coals with cut dried branches of tress. She blew, releasing air into the red embers and the twigs was immediately consumed by fire. She then put the pot of water above the flame. Their cabin smelled like smoke and dust.

She stepped back and tied her long brown hair in a ponytail, tendrils escaping and hanged on her side. She prepared the cup and the coffee grounds on the table.

Sisi was preparing her father's coffee. He will be out today for trade on the north. Her father Aiu was on the carriages, loading the goods to be traded. Her mother Fayiena was early on her laundry at the well. She's the only daughter of her parents.

While waiting for the water to boil, she sweeped the dirt and dust on the ground. Their cabin was small. It consist of just two small rooms - for her and for her parents -, and a little kitchen. It would took her only a few minutes to clean the cabin.

The pot whistled and white steam comes out of it's mouth. It's already boiling.
Sisi put coffee and a little sugar in the cup and fill it up with hot water. She put down the steaming cup on the table just as her vision darkened.

Her eyes turned gray, the pupil and the iris were gone.

Her vision cleared and she found herself still standing at their cabin. She heard screaming and shouting outside, a commotion, like a war.

Her heart was racing inside her chest. Her head felt dizzy in all the noise outside. She panicked and dashed towards the door and opened it.

She was strucked by the turmoil of terror outside. Everyone was running and crying as the grasses grow violently and wrapped them on the ground. There were large wolves cornering people. Some lay on the ground, unconscious and a girl with a red auburn hair blew out pink fumes from her mouth, knocking everyone out. There were arrows flying in the air like birds and hitting people. There were also rocks flying around, knocking people out. There were humans with wings flying above like huge birds and they were hauling people to the sky and dropping them to the ground. They were laughing as the people around them were wailing.

Sisi just stood there, lost in the horror as she stared at her village destroyed by the Badbloods. She was catching her breath.
Her body was like cemented on the ground, unable to move as her feet was pinned by the fear and panic that stirs inside her.

Her and father and mother were the ones that came right into her mind. She look at the gate, it still stood at the walls but it was slightly opened. The carriages that lined there was gone, her father and the traders must have gone to the trade. Still her heart does not feel relieved.

Her mother was on the well, which is in the far end of the village.
She swallowed. She have to go to her mother. Her heart now punching it's way out of her chest. Her body found itself and she ran.

She ran as fast as she can, ignoring the crowd. There were blood around her and dead bodies. Some were alive but unconscious.

Large wolfs were snarling and baring their sharp canine teeth as they look at the people like a scared rat.

She ran dodging over limp bodies and obstacles.
In the distance she could see the well and the women there was cornered with a Badblood, his arms were claws and he has a tail at his butt like of a scorpion. She saw her mother crying among them and her heart twisted in horror.

"Mom!" Sisi cried as she run.

Fayiena saw her and ran towards her, passing the Badblood.

Serra stopped as she saw her mother being hauled upward by a winged Badblood.