(Karan's look)

*********

"Oh my gosh, you are looking so beautiful. I can't wait to see bhaiya's reaction when he sees you", Alia squeals.

Karan enters the room and looks at Meera. "Shit Meera, you look hot", he says to which Meera rolls her eyes.

"Easy for you to say. You are not the one wearing this heavy dress. It probably weighs more than me. I can barely move in this. I can't wait to get out of this.", Meera tells him.

"Don't worry. I don't think you'll have to wait too long looking like that", Alia smirks and Karan tries his best to hide his smile. Meera looks at them with a confused expression. After a few moments she realizes what them mean and her cheeks heat up. 

'Oh, hell no. I'm not ready for any kind of romantic relationship. At least not yet. I'll have to make this clear as soon as possible. I have to stay away .' Meera thinks to herself.

Meera is  lost in her  thoughts when Ranveer enters the room. He walks up to Meera and kisses her  forehead. He has tears in his eyes.

"Your mom would be so proud of you right now. You're looking beautiful", he says, his voice cracking a bit at the mention of his late wife. After all these years he still loves her. Meera wanted that too, she had that until both mom and him died. And now she is scared of loosing someone again but mostly because she thinks that she is betraying him. This whole thing feels like a betrayal to him.

"I'm sure you will be very happy just take care of yourself", he continues.

Meera nods and just then Nandini comes in. 

"Kitni pyaari lag rahi hai", she says caressing Meera's head. She takes a little kajal and puts a dot of it behind her ear saying "nazar na lag jaye." 

"Ranveer ji, don't worry about Meera, we will take care of our daughter", Nandini says

"It's not Meera uncle is worried about, its all of you. She can take care of her but how will you live with her", Karan mocks Meera. She glares at him and smacks his arm while at the same time Nandini hits the other.

"Ouch, women", Karan yelps rubbing his arms.

"This is what you get for teasing my daughter", Nandini tells Karan who just grumbles playfully in response. Ranveer is just standing there and smiling at the scene in front of him.

"Aacha, I came to tell you that they are calling everyone outside, its time", Nandini says and everyone nods except Karan.

"Can I talk to Meera for 2mins", They all nod and waits for him to continue. "Uh privately please", he adds. Meera gives him a questioning look. Everyone walks out leaving Meera with him in the room.

He guides her towards the couch and makes her sit down. He kneels down in front of her and holds both her hand in his.

"Please let me finish before you interrupt  me. I know you are just doing this for uncle but think of this as a chance for you to find love again. It's been  what, 5 years since that happened? You have to let him go. For how long will you hold on to him. You have to accept it  ki woh abhi nahi hai ", Karan says.

"I understand that you want the best for me but nahi bhool sakti use. I cannot do this, its too much. How much ever I try , it all feels like a betrayal to him",  Meera says and he sighs.