Suffer The Children (Part 7) | "The most legitimate of dares."

Mulai dari awal

Y/n: Yup. It’s nearly finished, just need to add some little things, and it will be like our own little slice of heaven.

Clementine: Looks like it. It’s really cool.

I blushed and made my way down the ladder, landing in front of her.

Y/n: Why thank you, tangerine. Now, why have you come to bother me?

Clementine: Wanna help me get everyone to work?

Y/n: Yeah, sure. I’ll add everything later.

She nodded and I followed her out into the courtyard, seeing everyone hard at work still. Except Louis. We both saw Rosie lying down in the graveyard, sleeping, but woke up as we got closer. I crouched down and I patted her head, Clementine copying my action, smiling slightly.

Y/n: Seems like you’ve gotten over your fear.

Clementine: You helped. Also, Rosie is too cute to be scared of.

Y/n: Do you not remember her biting that walker head?

Clementine: Not helping.

I laughed and we both headed over to Mitch as he messed with some propane.

Clementine: Hey. What’re you doing?

Mitch: Mm, test. Gotta see if the bomb will go off. This little thing won’t kill anybody. Just gotta see if it’ll light.

Clementine: Yeah, it’d better. Our whole plan rests on that ‘little thing’. If they get in, I’ll need you to set the bomb off while I distract them.

Mitch: Expect the unexpected.

Y/n: Sure, but they won’t be expecting it.

He waved his hand, like it was nothing and continued to play with the lighter.

Mitch: I read somewhere--

Y/n: You did what?

Mitch: Read?

Y/n: You can read?

Mitch: Shut up. As I was saying, I read that on one of those stupid inspirational posters. School used to have them everywhere. Soon as things went to shit, I tore them all down. Stupid shit.

Y/n: It’s true. I watched. Then we used them as towels.

Mitch chuckled lightly and then tried to light the bomb, but his finger kept slipping. He looked at Clementine.

Mitch: Ugh, could you? My hand’s all fucked up from messing with it all day.

She took the lighter and ignited it.

Mitch: Stand back.

Y/n: No, Mitch. I was going to stand right next to it.

He rolled his eyes and we all stepped back, watching the flame flicker down the wick until it reached the bomb, but it didn’t go off.

Mitch: Fucking shit. If it doesn’t work… Fucking shit!

Clementine: I’m sure you’ll get it. Keep trying.

The boy didn’t seem to appreciate the pity.

Mitch: It’s not like I got all the time in the world to play scientist and figure this shit out!

Y/n: Not that it would help. As I said before, you failed that subject.

He ignored me, sighing.