Part Four - Still, Still, Still the First Day

The last few classes of my day were horrible. There were popular girls in every single one of them. Ashton wasn't in any of my other classes, but Blaze was. It was the last class of the day, and the teacher gave the class fifteen minutes of free time until the bell. During that time, I kept my head on top of my desk; wanting to hide.

When I was feeling brave, I peeked a glance at Blaze, who sat across from me. He was gazing at me with his mysterious charcoal obsidian raven ink orbs; one hand against his chin. He smiled at me-- that's when I looked away.

Did he still like me? I know I've only known him for a day... but I bet we'll start dating tomorrow! But wait-- what about Ashton? Did he like me too?

More importantly, was I in a love triangle?

"Hey," A voice said. 

I turned towards the voice. Next to me was a boy with short, blue hair. He wore an oversized sweatshirt which went past his hands. He also wore jeans, along with a pin that said "YOLO".

"My name's Ethan, and I'll be the next character in your love triangle, because love ovals would just be weird."

I blushed, trying not to stare at his beautiful complexion and golden lemon banana honey orbs.

This apparently caught the attention of  Blaze, who stood up from his seat. He stood defensively in front of me, staring daggers into Ethan's orbs.

"Hey, I  was in Y/n's love triangle first! She's not up for grabs, okay?"

"Calm down, calm down," Ethan ribbed. "I thought Ashton was the first guy in the love triangle, not you!"

I gasped. How did he know I met Ashton? Was he in the same class as we were?

"Well, then, I'll settle for second," Blaze spat. "It's much better than being third, punk."

"Well, third-is-the-one-with-the-treasure-chest!" Ethan replied.

"Are you seriously calling Y/n a treasure chest?" Blaze jeered.

"No, not at all--"

"Y/n is the most expensive pair of shades in the world!" Blaze interrupted, grabbing Ethan by the collar. "Not some dumb box with treasure in it!"

Ethan gasped.

"How dare you insult expensive boxes!"

Ethan grabbed Blaze by the collar as well.

I looked desperately to the teacher. She looked at me, then the boys, then back at me before shrugging.

"Both of you stop!" I yelled, silencing the entire room. All orbs were locked on me, including Ethan and Blaze's orbs.

"I... I want to s-say something," I stated, straightening my shoulders. "I... I don't want you to fight over me. I-I-I- mean... can't you two just settle your differences?"

Both boys blinked.

"No." They replied in unison.

"W-well then... here goes nothing," I murmured. Each word I spoke made the frog in my throat grow. "I... I'm n-not the world's most expensive shades."

Blaze looked at me in partial shock.

"But you do--"

"I don't!" I snapped. "A-and... I'm not  a treasure chest, either. Or an expensive box."

"Hey, it's 'treasure chest'." Ethan corrected.

"I... I'm sorry! I have to g-go!"

As I ran, my mind came up with more and more thoughts.

Was I really going to run away again? Shouldn't I face my problems? But what if they hate m-me?

Just as my feet were mere feet from the doorway, I bumped into someone. I stammered backwards; catching my balance the best I could.

"S-s-s-s-s-s-s-orry--"

"Save your stuttering," A familiar voice said.

I looked up to see none other than Ashton.