"I had to go to another store to get the bigger bag."

That was a lie. Of course, Seth couldn't say he and I were making out in the hall for at least twenty minutes.

"Oh," Claire glanced at me, then at Seth with a creepy yet beautiful smile. Although she isn't wearing any make-up, the pregnancy makes her glow beautifully. "Well, go on, but the ice away."

As Seth brings out the bag of ice, I stand in front of her. "I'm taking Persephone home."

"So soon?"

"Yeah, I'm a bit drunk, and Persephone is probably tired." I made an excuse, and I know Claire or anybody would find that hard to believe, but it's worth the shot.

"Nope, you are not leaving with alcohol in your system and driving home with a child," Claire put her hands on her hip. "You will stay in one of the guest rooms, and Persephone can sleep in Zara's bed."

"She has a bed? She's only how old?"

"Effie and Logan are just preparing in advance. But don't change the subject, Terry; I forbid you to leave in that drunken state."

"But-"

"Ah, no, young lady," Claire says in her mother's tone and stops me with her hand up. "You are staying for the night. No buts. No complaining."

She's treating me like a child. We are almost the same age, yet she's more experienced in dealing with stubborn people than I am.

I want to argue, but the drug is still in my system, pounding my head. Driving home with this would be a bad idea.

I rub my face and groan. "Alright, fine, but one night. Persephone and I are leaving first thing in the morning."

Claire then had her hands off her hip, crossed them over her chest, and looked at me with a sneer. "Why are you so eager to leave?" She glances over her shoulder where Seth is now with the children, playing. "Does it have to do with Seth?"

I look in the direction where I find Seth underneath the sand as the children continue to cover him.

"Why are you and Effie on my case, especially involving him?" I groan again, rubbing my temples. The drug has started to take effect.

"We are cousins; that is what we do when we are concerned about our family and also our friends," she declares and clarifies. I have known Claire for a while now, and we aren't close with her, but I consider her one of my own.

"Did something happen between you two?"

Thinking about the kiss made my whole body shiver, and the craving became so bad that it was unbearable to let go. "Nothing happened. I'm going back inside. Can you watch Persephone for me?"

"Of course, the room is upstairs and at the far end of the hall, and drink some cold water before you sleep."

I wave her off, stop standing at the doorway, and look at Seth one last time before I head inside to clear off my head.

I found the guest room like I know the place. Closing the door behind me, I plop on it with a loud sigh.

With my hand over my eyes, my mind blasts images of the kiss with Seth. "I can't believe I fucking did that?" I mutter. "With Seth of all people."

Though, the kiss wasn't bad. I'm not complaining about kissing Seth. I'm acting this way because he can't kiss another guy.

"But he didn't reject me," answering my conscience as if I'm fighting my other self.

Seth accepted the kiss. He let me in.

I hesitated to try another method instead of using him, but my body moved independently. I remove my arm away, looking up at the ceiling. The drug has been subdued for a while, and I'm fighting the aphrodisiac. My body still feels hot. I entered the bathroom, turned on the faucet, and washed my face with cold water. I removed my clothes and hopped in the shower with ice-cold water when that didn't work.