[fifteen - chick-fil-a]

Start from the beginning

keith speed walked to the door, slipping on his shoes before disappearing out the door and into his car.

"keith,i'll tell you about it later but can you please come get me. i'm scared."
she mumbled into the phone.

keith started his car before swerving out of the parking lot and heading towards downtown.

"what road are you on?"
he asked as he got flew through the red light.

he didn't really care considering it was late and nobody was on the roads anyway.

"um,Robertson and summit."
she told him as he tried to remember where that was before making a left turn.

keith made a few more turns before making it downtown,looking at all the people out at restaurants and events.

keith cruised slowly as he rode down the street,until he made it to Robertson and summit,noticing the large crowd of people going in and out of the club.

keith slowed down even more as he looked around for kilani before spotting her sitting on a bench by the entrance.

the security guard by the door tapped her shoulder before pointing at keith's car.

she thanked him before he went back to his job,watching her as she quickly got up.

keith hopped out of his car,opening the door for her as she got in,closing the door as he went back to his side.

"what happened?"
keith asked as he got out of down town.

kilani sighed.
"sincere set me up on this date with one of her friends."

keith drove steadily.
"and?"

"and it didn't go well."

"because?"
he asked her.

"because he was weird. we didn't really have anything in common so-"

"like what?"
he cut her off.

"um,he was just a lot older than me and i don't wanna talk about-"

"don't do that."

kilani looked over at him with wide eyes.
"what?"

"don't do that. you need to talk about it."
he told her as he made a turn.

"but,it makes me uncomfortable-"

"why? why does it make you uncomfortable? if you keep bottling up your emotions,one day you're gonna go crazy. talk to me,tell me about your date."
he glanced at her.

kilani hummed.
"um,i don't know. he had like this whole life plan and he already graduated med school. he knows what he wants to do with his life and i don't-i don't think i do-i don't know if i can do this-"

"keep going."
he told her.

"I'm gonna start stuttering because i can't speak properly-"

"it's fine,just go."
he demanded as he looked at her.

"he just seems so put together and i'm not. and he was asking me all these questions and i didn't know how to answer them. like,he was asking me if my hair was real and talking about sincere,even though it wasn't sincere's date,it was ours."
she pointed out,making him nod his head.