Chapter Sixty Eight - Kinsley

Kinsley ~

Dane and Tyson were on either side of me at the bar with their heads on a swivel as we waited on Adriana and her new man to arrive.

Dane kept his hand on my thigh while Tyson draped his arm over the back of my chair, both claiming me - guarding me from everyone around us.

Dane had tried to convince Adriana to meet at Onyx but she refused and wanted to go to some new upscale lounge.

"Where the fuck is she?" Tyson muttered under his breath.

"She's just running a little late." I said with a sarcastic eye roll as I turned in my chair to survey the room.

My eyes searched for Adriana in the sea of people, but landed on someone completely different - someone I recognized instantly.

The color drained from my face, but instead of cowering or panicking, I squared my shoulders and took in a breath to calm my suddenly jolted nerves.

That's the woman Dane had pretended to date while I was in New York.

Images of Dane's hands wrapped around hers as they entered a lavish party flooded my mind and I temporarily forgot how to breathe.

"What's got you so rattled?" Tyson asked, trying to follow my gaze.

"Shit." Dane mumbled as he locked eyes on the woman.

"I'll tell her to leave." Dane said flatly as he scowled and slowly rose from his seat.

It took a second or two for Dane's words to fully register in my distracted mind.

"What? No." I said quickly, grabbing hold of Dane's forearm.

"Kinsley, she's an employee. She works for the families. If I tell her to leave she will."

The poor girl didn't need to be kicked out of a fun night out on my account. I took hold of Dane's arm and squeezed it tighter, willing him to reclaim his seat beside me.

"Don't do that. I was just...caught off guard. That's all."

My insecurities started to creep up my spine and take hold in my mind, but I knew better than to feel jealous. Dane and Tyson were mine and they were willing to throw her out of the club to prove that to me.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the woman. They had used her. They put her in danger to try and protect me. Dane and Tyson had practically sacrificed her for me. It wasn't right.

"You should put her drinks on your tab." I said confidently.

"The fuck did you just say?" Tyson asked in disbelief, leaning back so he could get a better look at my face.

"You put her in danger and risked her life...The least you could do is buy her drinks."

"Not happening." Tyson muttered.

I folded my arms across my chest and glared at the men on either side of me.

"Pay for her drinks." It was an order, not a request and I knew they were going to hate it.

The muscles in Dane's jaw ticked as he clenched his back teeth, looking down at me with his brows drawn in as he stood and pulled his wallet from his pocket.

"Watch it, brat." Dane warned in a tone that gave me goosebumps.

Dane reluctantly approached the bartender, giving him instructions to pay for the woman's drinks and the smirk on my face was uncontrollable.

My grin spread as Dane did as I had commanded, but Tyson quickly put me in my place.

"Remember who you're fucking talking to." He growled into my ear, taking hold of my thigh with a bruising grip that made me shift my weight and gasp.