Chapter Sixty Two - Dane

Dane ~

Tyson and I were up early the next morning, making preparations to return home. I wanted to buy tickets for the first flight to L.A., but I didn't. I wanted nothing more than to have Kinsley home again and for us to start working towards our new normal, but as much as I wanted us on a plane that morning, Kinsley was going to be worn out and needed to rest. We had pushed her tiny body past its breaking point the night before and she was going to need the day to recover.

I was busy looking at flights, while Tyson talked to some of his men on the phone, when a small voice echoed from the bedroom door.

"Good morning." Kinsley said sweetly as she made her way into the kitchen.

My eyes swept over her body and noticed not only the bruises forming on her legs, but also the slow tender manner in which she was walking. She was hurting and Tyson and I needed to fix it.

"Morning gorgeous." I said, meeting her halfway.

I gently took hold of her wrists and noticed the red angry skin that had been rubbed raw by the restraints the night before.

"Hey Tys, grab me some ice packs and some advil." I said over my shoulder.

Without taking the phone from his ear, Tyson moved to the freezer then to the cabinet and returned with my requested items.

"Sore?" I asked, moving hair away from her face.

"A little." She answered, trying to play it off.

I arched a brow at her in response, letting my eyes fall onto her wrists, then to her thighs.

"Okay, maybe more than a little."

"Where are you hurting? Let us fix it." I asked, unsure where to touch her at the moment, not wanting to hurt her. 

"Everywhere." she said with a groan.

That's what I figured.

"We thought that might be the case. So today is all about comfort. Movies, takeout, warm blankets, ice packs, heating pads, and snacks." I said, loving the wide smile that stretched across her face at my words.

"And cuddles?" She asked, taking her bottom lip between her teeth with a sheepish grin, already knowing the answer to her question.

Without a fucking doubt.

"Tyson you down for cuddles?" I yelled over my shoulder, getting a scowl and a middle finger from Tyson as he continued his phone conversation.

"He didn't say no." I chuckled, loving the laugh that escaped her lips.

I went to get her some coffee and something to eat while Tyson finished up his phone conversation and brought over a few ice packs. He dropped two of the ice packs on the floor beside him and set a frozen bag of peas on his thigh, covering it with a kitchen towel. Without taking the phone from his ear he motioned for Kinsley to come sit on his lap, patting his leg.

Kinsley went to him instantly and straddled his leg, gasping at the cold sensation before she finally settled down and laid against Tyson's chest with her head nestled against the crook of his neck.

Once Tyson finally hung up the call, he huffed out an irritated breath and ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

"What was that all about?" I asked as I set Kinsley's coffee on the table.

"Just residual bullshit from Angelo's death. Nothing my guys can't handle and nothing I didn't expect, but that doesn't make it any less of a pain in my ass."