Chapter 100: A Place You'll Be Safe...

I cant believe it. I'm in awe. I don't know how he escaped.
Not yet, at least.
Every time something unbelievable happens, I always feel like I'm moving in slow motions. I can hear the ruckus, and someone must've fired a gun. I don't know who. I can't see who. I just know that Loki's, in a way, shielding me, and moving me forward toward the elevator. Almost as if he didn't want me to see anything, which I don't get, since I've seen much worse things.
The tesseract would've come in handy, wherever the Avengers placed it. I hope Erik doesn't find it, that wouldn't be good. Not at all.
"Get in the elevator." Loki demands, hushed.
I nod, not really knowing how else to respond, other than getting in the elevator.
He hurriedly pushes the buttons on the elevator, making the elevator doors close. He doesn't let go of me. Not once. He's tall, so he kind of just towers behind me, making sure I'm out of sight from any possible danger.

"Where are we going." I mumble, as I look around the lobby.

"Somewhere your father can't reach you." He answers, and that's all he says.

I follow him outside, watching as he just steals a car that was illegally parked on the side of the street. No parking area.
"Get in." He says. I open the door to the front passenger seat, but he just shakes his head, and nods his head toward the back seat. I have to hide. I didn't realize how terribly serious this was. He could kill me this time, if he really wanted to. He could have all along.
I duck down in the passengers seat, watching as he struggles to figure out how to drive.
"Let me drive, you'll just crash." I tell him.
He shakes his head, no, finally figuring out how to start the car. Whoever's car this is, they left the keys inside. They wouldn't have easily been able to get into their car anyway. It doesn't mean it's still acceptable to steal a car, but I'm sure we need it more at the moment. Wherever we're going.

"Please don't be the one to kill us both." I mutter under my breath.

"You're not going to die." He says, his voice unsure.

I watch as he speeds off, struggling to keep the car straight on the road. While he drives, I can't help but think about everybody else stuck in the tower. They're fighting him, I assume. But I don't know how they're doing. It hits me.
Sam. Sam's still there.
"Sam.." I mumble, sitting up slightly, "Is Sam okay?"

"Yes, yes, he's alright," he says hurriedly, "He's hiding with my brother. Someone needed to protect him."

"Why couldn't he come with us?" I ask, watching as we drive further and further out of the city.

"I don't know." He says, and I could tell he's frightened. He's driving fast, even though he doesn't need to at the moment. I don't think so, at least.

I don't know how long it's been, but it couldn't have been too long. Loki makes a turn, driving us into a field. Why are we in a field?

"Get out." He says, quickly. He pushes the door open, and then opens mine. He basically pulls me out of the car.

"What're we doing here?" I ask.

He sighs, looking up at the sky, "We're doing what I did not want to do."

I give him a questionable look, but he doesn't answer, he just stares up into the sky, holding onto me tightly.

"Heimdall!" He shouts.
Nothing happens. Heimdal is someone from Asgard. I don't remember everything about his memories, since it's been a while, but I remember that.

"Heimdal!" He shouts again, this time louder, "Heimdal, I know you could hear me! I know you could see me! This is of Thor's request!" He shouts.

Tears well in his eyes, but he doesn't let them fall. He continues to look in the sky, then back down at me. He looks around, out at the field. Nobody's around.