Chapter 99: Dont Worry...

A few days go by, and if I'm being honest, I've been thinking about Erik more than ever. I mean, he's constantly always on my mind, but I've been trying to figure out what that "dream" meant. Who was talking to me? Are they like Erik? Are they worse than him? Plus, how did this person access my dreams, or, get into them? And how am I confusing and messing up Erik? Apparently, according to the guy talking, it should be recognizable to be. I should know what's happening to him when he's "confused". But it's either he was messing with me, or I'm simply an idiot. It could be both, because I have no idea what he meant.

"Anything weird from him today?" I ask Bruce.

He nods, "Not that I've seen. You should ask around, though. I only watch the security footage."
"They probably would've came to tell me already." I assume, flopping down onto a chair.
"Right."

"I just wish I knew what was wrong with him. I should know what's going on with him!" I exclaim.

Bruce shakes his head, leaning against a desk, "What makes you think you should know what's happening to him?"
I haven't told anyone about the dream, "I don't know, I just- it seems like it's been going on long enough that I should have figured it out by now."

"And since you haven't, you're becoming frustrated."
I raise an eyebrow, "What made it obvious?"

"Well, I'll tell you this, you might think you have to have everything figured out, but you don't. Nothing has to be figured out in total."

"But this is important. I need to figure it out."
"And you will," he pauses, "But it might take a while."

"What else?" I ask, sarcastically, leaning my head in my hand.
"You might want to to get some sleep," he chuckles slightly, "And stop drinking so many energy drinks, it's not very good for you."
I went shopping with Nat a few days ago. She hates shopping for the team, so I didn't know why she wanted me to go with her so desperately. Turns out she wanted to get Erik off my mind for a little while. There, she introduced me into energy drinks. That was a very bad idea on her part. There's a bunch in the fridge now, and Stark scolds me for it. Peter grabbed one the other day, thinking it was just a different type of juice. Let's just say he's not allowed to have that much caffeine in one sitting.

"Honestly, Adams, it's concerning. You have to stop worrying about everything. You'll be fine." He reassures me.
"How can't I worry when he's in this very tower, and can do anything terrible at any given moment?"
He shakes his head, "He's locked up and constantly has someone watching him. There's so much security, Sarah, if this is what you're worrying about, then you're either a person who worries about everything when they don't have to, or you have some trust issues."

"What does trust have to do with this?" I ask.

"You've gotta trust that the people..your friends, in the tower have things handled. The security is highly developed and there's no possible way for him to get out."
Yeah, it's kind of obvious that I've always had trust issues, so I don't know why he's just bringing it up now, but I guess I get it.
"I know," I sigh, "But this is a psychotic maniac who brainwashes and kills children, including his own."

Bruce sighs, grabbing a chair, and sitting across from me. Here comes a lecture of some sort. At least it's not Steve, that would go on for hours.

"Sarah, listen. I don't want you to think that I or anybody else in this tower has forgotten what you have gone through for so long. I get it. This is tough. You're living in the same tower with the maniac who brainwashed and tortured you for years. You're living with your father who brainwashed and tortured you for years. The person who hurt you in the most ways possible. But no matter how much you've gone through, that's over now. There's no more problems. Sure, you've got the terrible memories, but Adams, you've got a whole life ahead of you now. You're not being controlled by anyone. You get to make your own choices. You get to do whatever the heck you want to do. Because you're free. And I understand it is so hard to trust anyone, but we're your friends, Sarah. Can you at least try to trust us?"