Chapter 90: Waffles....again..

~ Sorry that it's been taking a while to update the chapters. I constantly have busy weeks, and I mostly write at nighttime. I promise I'll try to be quicker with the chapters!~
—————————————————————————

I woke up slowly, as the sun beamed through the windows. I've really got to invest in buying curtains. I'm always waking up because of the sun in the morning.
I rub my eyes before opening them, hoping to get rid of the exhaustion I feel in my eyes. I turn to face the alarm clock, seeing that it's actually 9:32am. I haven't really slept this late in a long time. I mean, maybe in the hospital I slept later, but I didn't even get a good sleep there.
I rest my eyes again, then turn my head to where Loki is. He was still asleep, so I couldn't exactly move. I didn't like waking him when I know he probably hasn't slept good in a while.
I then turn my head to face the floor, where Sam also sleeps. He was sound asleep, on the ground, snoring. I often wonder how many sleepless nights he had. I mean, I know from experience that I didn't get much sleep when I was with Hydra.

I turn my head back to face the ceiling. That's all I could do, really. Stare at the ceiling or stare at Loki or Sam. I'm pretty sure neither one of them would want to wake up with somebody staring into their soul.

So I just lay there, staring at the ceiling, every now and then turning to look at Loki or Sam. Sam would always sleep in when he was younger. He'd often wake up at noon and get yelled at for it, too. My mother would complain about how if he'd just get to sleep earlier every night, he wouldn't be waking up so late. He never listened, of course. He continuously slept till noon.

It had to be half an hour before Sam finally woke up. Loki was still as still as a stone. I even, without waking him up, checked to make sure he was breathing. He was, obviously.
I watched as Sam dragged his hands across his face, trying to avoid seeing the sunlight that beamed through the window.
His eyes are barely open when he turns his head to check the time, and realizes I'm awake.
"What time is it?" He mutters, hitting his head against the pillow.
"10:05." I whisper, not wanting to be too loud.
He sighs, and slowly sits up, "Good morning, then."
I smile, letting him know I'm listening, and put a finger to my lips to indicate that I want him to be quiet.
"Yeah, okay, I won't wake your boyfriend." He chuckles, ignoring the fact that he should be quiet.
"Shh!" I say, as silent as possible.
He never stays quiet. He also never listens. So, therefore, he'll probably end up waking Loki.
"Hey, I was just telling you what I wouldn't do." He says, sarcastically being defensive.
I roll my eyes, and indicate for him to be quiet again.
"Go make breakfast or something." I whisper to him.
"But I can't cook.."
"Then find someone to make breakfast for you, but for God's sake, don't let it be Bucky. He'll end up setting you on fire."
"Gotcha." He says, before getting up.
He looks down at the blankets and pillows, "I'm just gonna leave these here." He mumbles.
"Yeah, sure, that's fine." I whisper, hoping he's get the idea to whisper to. He smiles, nods, and makes his way over to the door. No, he wasn't quiet about it either. I watch as he leaves the room, and closes the door behind him.
I hope Sam remembers which one Bucky is. I really don't feel like hearing the fire alarm go off, and Tony yelling at Bucky to stop fucking things up.

I turn my head to face Loki, and close my eyes again. I didn't have much of an option but to go back to sleep, or wait until he wakes up. I'd rather sleep, though.

...

I didn't even realize that I fell asleep. I don't know how long I slept for, but it couldn't be too long.
I open my eyes, forgetting about the sun that beamed through the windows. Immediately, I close my eyes again, hating the sunlight just after waking up.
Once I adjust to the light in the room, I turn my head a bit to see if Loki was awake yet.
"You awake?" I whisper, checking the time at the same moment. It was 10:30, so it'd only been around 25 minutes since I was awake last.
"I've been awake for 10 minutes." He replies.
"I was awake 15 minutes before you woke up."
"Well, you clearly weren't awake when I woke up."
"That's because I fell asleep waiting."
"I cant say I'm shocked." He grins.
"I'm a wounded women, I can't exactly stand up. What else was I supposed to do?" I joke.
"Not fall asleep."
"Oh, shut up." I smile.
"Or you could've just woke me up, simple as that."
"Simple as that? Then why didn't you just wake me up?"
He shrugs, "Maybe I like staring at ceilings."
I'm about to answer, but the of course, I hear something. Something loud. I saw it coming, I really did. The damn fire alarm.
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." I mutter.