Chapter 80: More memories....

I rush back to my room, once I find it, and open the door a bit to loudly. I wanted to remember more, and according to the letter I must've written at one point, he is the one person who can do that.
Unfortunately, he's still in the closet. I walk over to the closet, and open the doors. He was awake, but just laying on his side and facing the wall.
"Loki?" I ask.
"Hm?" He answers.
He seemed to be a mess and exhausted. He just kept facing the wall.
It's already 9:25, too. I'm pretty sure everybody else was already awake.
"Get up." I tell him.
"What for?" He asks.
"I want to remember, and you're going to help me."
"How am I supposed to help?"
This guy really isn't the optimistic type, is he?
"I wrote it myself. That letter said you will get my memories back, no matter how hard it is."
"You can't even remember writing the letter."
What the hell was even going on? The letter I must've wrote clearly said he had to get my memories back. What was stopping him? Sure, it's probably hard as hell for him. I mean, according to that letter I loved him, and I can't remember that. And clearly, he loves me. Plus, from what I've been seeing, he has nobody. Nobody talked to him the entire time when we were coming back to this tower, and nobody talked to him at all last night or checked on him this morning.
"How about this, then? Would I, who remembered you and everything else, want you to sit around and let me be?"
He doesn't answer.
"Would I? You clearly know more about me than I do, okay? Would I want you to sit in a closet all day, thinking about random things?" I ask.
"No." He finally answers, but he doesn't move still.
"Then get up and help me remember."
He turns around to lay on his back, and faces up at me. He looked as though he really didn't get any sleep.
"For starters, you could say please." He mutters, sitting up.
"Okay, please help me remember." I say.
He sighs, rubs his eyes in exhaustion, and stands up.
"How do you want me to help you remember? What exactly can I do?" He asks, stepping out of the closet.
"I don't know, the letter said you could do it."
"Yes, but you didn't exactly write how."
"Well, then, I don't know now, and I didn't know then! But you're the only one who could figure it out." I exclaim.
He looks around the room, just avoiding eye contact with me. It was probably hard for him to look at me, knowing I don't know who he really is. He looked like he was thinking, and soon, like he was almost holding back tears.
"And what if I can't?" He asks.
"Then you do what the letter says, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that."
"I don't want to move on." He mutters, silently.
"Then start helping me remember. It seems that when I touch or see things that had meaning to me, I remember something. So is there anything that could help me remember something?"
He tries to think of anything that could, and then he looks down at my hand.
"That ring." He says.
I hold up my hand and look at it, "What, was I married or something?"
"No, no, definitely not. No. It's just a ring." He says, quickly.
"Do I just touch it?" I ask.
"I suppose."
"But I'm already touching it, technically."
"Just try it."
"Fine." I say, reaching out the metal arm to touch it. I couldn't exactly feel the ring, though, so how does that help?
But, suddenly..
...
"Here." Loki says, handing me the ring.
"What?" I ask, a bit confused.
"It's for you. I got it for you."
I want to laugh so badly.
"You mean... you got me a gift... that I payed for?" I chuckle.
"Well, do you want it or not?"
"Even if I did buy it, I accept this most gracious gift." I smile, as he hands me the ring.
It was quite a beautiful ring.
Cheap, but beautiful.
I take it out of the little wrapping, and try it on.
Surprisingly, it's a perfect fit.
"Nice." I say.
...
"Sarah? Hello? Are you alright?" Loki asks, as it looks like I'm staring again.
"Yeah, I'm great. I just remembered something."
"What was it?" He asks, a bit excited.
"You getting me this ring. Now, is there anything else that could help me remember?" I ask, eager to know more. Even if I didn't have the context to what was going on in these memories, they're still real memories.
And I want to know more.
His eyebrows narrow, as he stares around, trying to think.
"I don't know." He says, finally.
"Is there anything else that would have meaning to me?"
"There's a place."
"A place? What place?" I ask him.
"Two places, really."
"Well, then, take me there."
He reveals some blue, glowing, cube thing. It was pretty, but also weird.
"Take my hand." He says, so I do. I have no idea where this is going, though.
And suddenly, we're on... the roof? Why the hell are we on a roof?
"A roof?" I ask.
"Yes, you came here a lot." He says, as I walk closer to the edge. But not too close, obviously.
I try sitting down, near the edge, but I'm getting nothing. No memory.
"Are you sure this roof had meaning?" I ask.
"I suppose it could."
"I'm not remembering anything. What's that other place?" I ask.
"It's far away. A cabin." He answers.
What the hell was I doing in a cabin far away?
"Then take me there." I say, sitting up.
He takes my hand, still holding that blue cube, and suddenly, we're in front of a cabin.
I don't know where we are, but it was cold, and snow was on the ground. The snow had melted in New York. Well, most of it, at least. Here, though, there was snow everywhere, and it was much darker outside.
I take a look around, looking out at the field of snow. And in the snow, there's this snow chair thing. It looks like a chair made of snow.
...
"What's it supposed to be?" He asks, jokingly.
"A snow throne." I answer.
"What do you want me to do with it?"
"Are you joking? I made it for you, dumb ass."
He smirks, and sits down on the snow throne.
"I feel honored." He jokes.
I try to shape a little crown from the snow.
"What are you making now?" He asks.
"This." I say, holding up the somewhat okay snow crown.
With the telekinesis I have, I lift up the crown and place it carefully on his head.
"And what if this melts on my head?"
"We're literally outside, I assure you, it won't melt."
"It best not."
I stand up in the snow, looking at Loki in his throne.
"As king, what would you like me to do?" I joke, laughing.
"Kneel."
"Kneel?"
"That is what I said, isn't it?"
I jokingly kneel into the snow.
"Your next orders?" I chuckle.
"I have no idea, I've never gotten this far before." He chuckles.
"So.. your first instinct is to ask a person to kneel before you?" I say, trying not to laugh.
"Well, when you put it like that, it doesn't sound so great."
"Want to know what else doesn't sound so great?"
"What?"
"The king being over thrown." I say, throwing a snowball at him.
He gasps, jokingly, "Is this an act of war?"
I throw another snow ball, confirming it.
He picks up some snow, coming off his throne, and throws a snowball at me.
He misses. Ha.
"How could you be a king if you can't even throw a snowball at me!?" I laugh.
"I was testing you, I wasn't even aiming." He lies.
"Sure. Sure."
I form a bunch of snowballs, and throw all of them at him with my telekinesis.
"That's not even fair." Loki claims, throwing snowballs at me one by one.
"Of course it isn't, but it's war!"
I throw one last snowball at him, and he trips over his feet.
So, naturally, I ran to the snow throne.
But just before I could claim it, Loki runs into me on purpose, knocking me to the ground.
So now, we're both knocked into the snow, and I'm freezing my ass off.
"I'm the rightful king of the cabin!"
"Then prove it!" I exclaim, shoving snow into his face.
Of course, it didn't do much considering he's technically a frost giant.
"A king doesn't get cold." Loki claims.
"You're not cold because your technically a frost giant!" I say, shoving snow into his face again.
I try to keep him in the snow.
"And what if I am?!"
"You have an advantage!"
"Of course I do, that's why I'm a better ruler!"
Now, we're just rolling around in the snow, trying to pin each other down with snow.
"I will be the queen of this cabin!" I exclaim.
"This cabin doesn't need a queen. It needs a king."
"What, a king like you?"
"Obviously!" He says, pinning time to the snow.
He buries me into the snow, except my face.
"Ha." He says, getting up, about to go to the snow throne.
"Oh, don't you dare." I say, grabbing him by the leg to get him back in the snow.
He falls back, basically falling on me.
"Hey! Get off of me! I've already got snow on me." I chuckle.
I push him off of me, trying to get out of the snow.
"I'm the rightful king, I shall not be overthrown." He says, pinning me back to the ground.
"If you keep pinning me to the ground, how are you supposed to get to the throne!" I laugh.
"By doing this." He says, lifting me out of the snow, and carrying me farther into the snowy field.
He throws me into the snow, and makes his way back to the throne quickly.
"You're not getting away that easy!" I shout, still in the snow.
"And what can you do about it?" He says, turning around to face me.
"This." I say, moving my arm.
And just like that, he's pushed into the snow by telekinesis.
He stand up quickly, "You're going to have to try harder than that."
I quickly stand up, and move him back into the snow.
I run, as fast as I can considering there was a lot of snow, to the throne.
Loki gets up, as I near the snow throne, but I push him back into the snow.
And, finally, I sit myself down on the snow throne.
"I just overthrew your shitty cabin. I'm the ruler now." I chuckle.
He comes over to where I sit, "Get off my throne." He says, trying to stay serious.
"No can do, it's my throne now."
"I will stop at nothing to get that throne."
"And what are you gonna do about it?"
Suddenly, he grabs me and throws me into the snow.
"Seriously dude?" I chuckle.
"I stop at nothing." He says, sitting in the throne.
"Fine. You win today. But I cant guarantee you that I won't try and overthrow you tomorrow!"
He smirks, and I throw myself into the snow.
"Why would you throw yourself into snow?" Loki asks.
"For fun."
"If that's your idea of fun, then I'll have to admit, you're pretty boring."
"Eheh, I can't feel my fingers." I chuckle.
"What?"
"I can't feel my fingers." I laugh.
"And you're amused by this?"
"Apparently. Oh look, I can't feel my feet either."
"Oh, dear," Loki mutters, "Get out of the snow."
"I would, but like I said, I can't exactly feel my feet." I chuckle.
Loki sighs, and gets out of his snow throne.
"This better not be an excuse to get the throne." He jokes.
"No, I'm being serious, I actually can't feel my feet or my fingers." I laugh.
"Why does it not surprise me that this is amusing to you?" He sighs, scooping me out of the snow
...
Shit, I just remembered a whole lot just from looking at that thing.
"Sarah?" Loki asks. Whenever I remembered something, it looked like I was staring at nothing.
"I remembered something." I tell him.
"What was it?" He asks, already knowing the answer.
"A snow throne," I answer, "That seems like a wonderful memory."
"It is." He says, looking through the window of the cabin. I'm taking a wild guess, and assuming that this cabin isn't his. He reaches under the door mat, and takes the key that hid under it.
...
I try to open the cabin, but it was locked, like I figured.
So, I kicked the door open.
"We could have easily used the key thats under that door mat." Loki states.
"There was a key?"
"Of course there was a key, why else would I bring it up?"
"Oh, well, keys are too much work."
...
All of these things I've been remembering must've been recent, because I haven't remembered anything from what was called Hydra.
He opens the door, and allows me inside. I walk in, examining the place. It looked quite familiar, but I can't remember from where.
"It looks familiar." I tell him.
"Have you remembered anything?" He asks.
"Not yet." I answer.
I don't think I'm going to remember anything else. Remembering makes me exhausted for some odd reason, even though it's technically still morning, and I just woke up about an hour ago.
"I'm not remembering anything." I tell him.
"Not a single thing?"
"Not anything."
He sighs, and takes a look at the place himself.
According to what I'm seeing, he's been here before too, and I was with him. I have no idea what for, though.
He reveals the the cube thing once again, and walks over to me, "Then we shall go back." He says.
He takes my hand, and suddenly, we're in my room again.
He's about to take a seat on the bed, but instead he sits on the floor. Based off of the memories I had, he's important to me. And based off of that letter, I love him. So I could see why he's not doing certain things, and isn't so happy. I mean, if he loved me and I loved him, it must be so hard for the person you love to forget everything about you.
I go to take a seat next to him on the ground. He looks over at me, and then back to the ground.
"I'm sorry I can't remember everything." I say.
"Well, it's not your fault." He tells me.
"I know, but I'm still sorry."
"And for what, exactly?"
I shrug, "I dunno, this seems hard on you."
He stays silent for a moment or so, "I'm fine."
"No you're not, I could tell your upset about this. And it makes sense to be. I wish I could remember you how I used to, because from what I've seen so far, you're pretty great." I tell him.
"I'm not great." He claims.
"Would I think that?" I ask him.
"I don't know what you'd think, but you wouldn't say I'm not great."
"Exactly, then. You're great, and I'll do my best to remember."
"I hope you can." He says.
"Have faith that I can."