Chapter 63: The Hospital...

Everything was happening so fast.
We couldn't take him back to the tower. We had no way to. If we tried to fly him out of here, he'd just bleed more.
"Don't just stand there, call an ambulance!" I shout.
And so Stark does.
"J.A.R.V.I.S, call 911 for an ambulance. Find out our location, and get them here quickly."
I hold onto Loki, as he lay unconscious. Is this what it felt like? When I was unconscious? Is this what he was feeling?
Guilt.
Anger.
Sadness.
If only I had taken that bullet, we wouldn't be in this situation. My father should die for what he just did. But I couldn't kill him, that'd be wrong.
Plus, the only problem I'm worried about right now, is keeping Loki alive.
I wanted to know what he was about to say, but I'd never know until he woke up.

Soon, I could hear the sirens. The piercing sound of the sirens. I couldn't believe this was happening.
"Natasha, grab the man and bring him back to the tower." Tony demands.
"I'm on it." She says, picking up my father, who lay unconscious too.
I probably shouldn't have hit him that hard, but let's be honest, he deserved it.
He deserved it so much.
Loki might die because of him. He'd already suffered enough in his life, he didn't deserve this.
What in the world could have made him take that bullet for me? He'd already taken one in the arm for me, in the forest. Why?
What good did it do for him?
"Alright, ambulance is here." Steve mentions.
Soon, a bunch of people come running in with a stretcher, to get him onto the ambulance.
"Kid, we need you to let go of him." Tony says.
I really didn't want to let go of him. I didn't.
But I had to. He had to go to the hospital.
I slowly let go of him, and let the doctors pull him onto the stretcher.
They start walking away with him, going to the ambulance.
And I follow them.
"Stay here." Steve says, holding me back.
But I'm not listening to him. I'm going with him.
I push past Steve, continuing to follow them. Thor follows, too.
I make it outside, and it's dark as hell. But the streetlights and the city lights brightened it up.
They pull him into the ambulance, and I rush over.
I wanted to go with him.
I needed to know he was okay.
"Please, let me come with him!" I ask the doctors.
"Are you family?" One of the doctors asks me.
"What?"
"Only family is allowed to ride with him, ma'am."
"No, but just.. just please let me be with him!"
"Sorry, ma'am. It's against the rules. Does he have any family that you could contact?"
And that's when Thor comes up from behind me, and chimes in, "I'm his brother. Allow me to ride with him."
"Of course, just don't touch anything."
I look over to where Loki lay, on the ambulance, and back at Thor.
"I'll make sure he's alright, okay? Just get to the hospital soon." Thor tells me, before joining Loki on the back of the ambulance.
Suddenly, Bucky comes up from behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"He'll be okay." He assured, but he couldn't be sure.
Nobody could be sure.
The ambulance soon drives off, and I'm just left standing there.
"Come on. Steve can drive you to the hospital."
"You're not coming?"
"I can't, I gotta stay at the tower. We've gotta interrogate your father."
"Oh, okay."

Steve soon pulls up the car to where I stood, "Hop in." He says.
I walk around to the other side of the car, sitting in the front seat.
"Buckle up." He says, making sure I put a seatbelt on.
"I know." I assure him.
But he still watched to make sure I was putting a seatbelt on.
Gosh, he really loved laws and rules.
He drives off down the street, following the way to the hospital.
It's silent for most of the time we drive.
That is, until, Steve breaks the silence.
"So," he begins, "Are you going to admit it?"
I turn away from the window, and look at Steve. He smirked, as he asked that question.
"Admit what?" I ask.
"You know.. Loki."
"You want me to admit what about Loki?" I interrogate.
"Oh, come on. Admit it, you're in love with him."
"I thought we agreed that I didn't think I was."
"It doesn't matter what you think, it's what you feel. And I think you're in love with him."
"Again, it's been years since I ever loved anyone. I can't even remember what it feels like to love! How would I know?"
He chuckles, turns to look at me, and then back at the road, "Trust me. You'd know."
"How?"
"Well, I think, if you want to always be around him, that's a great sign right there. And, like you mentioned, your heart starts to feel different when you're around them."
"Is that all?"
"And you'd do anything for them." He adds.
I think about what he said, I really do.
I do like being around him, a lot. My heart starts beating really fast when I'm around him. And, I like to think, I'd do anything for him. Oh my God, did I love him?
"Would you do anything for him?" Steve asks.
"I like to think I would."
"I'd say that's good enough." He chuckles.
...
Loki's POV...
"Not so fast!" I hear from behind me.
I finally realized how much pain Sarah must've went through, for all those years. I'd went through that pain for less than a minute, and it was hell.
"Loki, you have to get yourself out of here." She tells me.
But I couldn't. Why would I leave her?
I could barely think straight.
"No... no I wont leave you." I tell her, still stumbling into her arms. I felt weak.
"Loki, you have to! Go!"
But her father had a gun.
"No!"
"He'll kill you! Now, go!"
But what if he killed her, if I left?
I'm not leaving you." I tell her.
I could barely walk straight, how would I leave anyways?
"Fine with me, I'll kill both of you." Her father says.
My eyes widen, as I turn to face him. He was going to pull the trigger, and it was aimed at her. Aimed at her heart.
She would die, if it hit her.
Yet she stood there, doing nothing.
She held onto me, trying to shield me from the bullet.
But I couldn't let her get hurt.
Maybe.. just maybe..
If I turned around, I could live as well as her.
Possibly.
It would not hit me in the heart, only the stomach. Or, somewhere near there.
So I move.
I turn her around, switching spots with her.
It did feel like slow motion, really.
I hug her close to me, preparing.
I needed to protect her.