Chapter 56: Interrogation..

It was 6:42pm.
I tried to rest again, even though I wasn't very tired.
Bruce told me it might help, but what would it even help with? I'd basically been sleeping for the past few days.
I got to go back to my room, though.
The only problem was that Loki had know here to sleep in my room.
Sure there's a chair, but it's just a chair. There's no sofa in here.

Now, I lay awake, staring at the ceiling. Apparently, Loki was being interrogated by his brother, from what I heard. He still didn't trust him, and he really wanted him to go back to Asgard.
But I know I could trust him. He wasn't evil at all. He just made himself appear heartless and cold.
When really, he wasn't. He was the opposite. He cared about other people.

Suddenly, out of know where, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." I say, still staring at the ceiling.
The door opens, and I lift my head to see who it was.
Tony.
Of course it was Tony.
I lay my head back on the pillow, and stare at the ceiling once again.
"You look happy to see me." He jokes.
"Definitely." I mutter.
He walks over to where I sat, "Mind if I sit here? I'm gonna sit here, so move." He says.
I sigh, and sit up so he sits next to me.
"What do you want?" I ask him.
"I guess I'm apologizing." He answers.
"You guess? Or are you actually?"
"I am."
Well this was weird. Didn't know he was the type to apologize.
"I messed up. I thought you were, well, un-trustable. I take it that Peter already told you about that whole situation." He says.
And I just sit there, nodding.
"I shouldn't have made Peter do anything. I wanted to protect him from what I thought he needed protecting from. But, like I said, I was wrong."
I'm literally stunned right now.
I have absolutely no idea what to say.
"Say something," he says, "Or it's just weird."
"Uh, I guess I forgive you?" I say, questioning myself.
"You don't have to kid, I get it. But I gotta ask.." He begins, but I cut him off.
"Loki? Is that what you have to ask about?"
"Was it that obvious?"
Extremely.
"Why shouldn't he go back to Asgard?" He asks me.
"He's not who you think he is." I tell him, trying to leave it as simple as possible. Loki probably didn't want people knowing he was actually soft.
"Oh yeah? So who is he?" He asks.
"A person. A God, with feelings. He's innocent."
"You know he destroyed a city, right?" He chuckles.
"I've said it before, he didn't do it at his own will. I've seen his memories."
Tony just sits in silence, extremely confused. Of course, he'd always think he's a villain. But he's not. At all.
"Okay, I guess he could stay." He says, getting up from where he sat.
"But if he unexpectedly kills anyone, that's on you." He jokes, leaving the room.
He wasn't going to kill anyone.
He didn't seem like the person who would want to kill anyone without proper reason.
But they'd still continue to interrogate him, probably.

And that's when I hear something coming from, well, you guessed it. The vents.
Soon, I could see Peter pop his head out of the vent.
I point to the door, as he looks at me, "There's such a perfect door right there." I chuckle.
"Yeah, I know. But.. this way is fun." He grins.
"It also makes you seem like your up to something. Honestly, what happens when Clint finds you crawling in the vents one day?"
He shrugs, and sits down next to me.
"So," he smirks, "You and Loki..?"
I could already see where he's going with this.
"No, it's not like that. It's not." I chuckle.
He gives me a look.
"It's not! We're not- no."
"Okay! I believe you." He says, sarcastically.
I roll my eyes as he thinks me and Loki are, well, "a thing." I mean, no. We weren't even friends that long. It just wouldn't make sense.... right?
"Enough about that, what did you come in here for?" I ask.
"I wanted to apologize again." He says.
"Again? Peter, I get it. You didn't have much of a choice. It's alright."
"I know, but I-.."
"No buts. I forgave you."
He smiles a bit, "Okay- okay, that's great."
He sits there, awkwardly, not knowing what else to say.
"So... there was a lot of action today." He says, trying to start a conversation.
"Yup."
"You really gotta stop letting Mr. Barnes make waffles. That was the second time he set the kitchen on fire." He laughs.
"And they're toaster waffles too.." I sigh.
"He can't cook for the life of him, can he?"
"Nope. If it was a life or death situation, he'd die. Actually, he'd set the kitchen on fire first. Then he'd die."
"That seems accurate." He chuckles.
...
Peter and I talk for a while, catching up. It'd only been a week or more, I think, but a lot happened in that time.
He crawled through the vents, again, leaving.
So, once again, I was left alone.
Loki was being interrogated.
And for all I know, someone was teaching Bucky how to make waffles without starting a fire.