"I need to eat something first." She yawned. "The baby's hungry."

"But mom." I chuckled looking at her. "Don't you think you'll get tired after eating?"

"Oh hell no." She chuckled. "Food just gives me such a rush."

While listening to her talk I felt myself run into someone, we ran into each other so hard that my clutch fell on the floor.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I quickly apologised while bending down to retrieve my clutch.

It was my fault anyways cause I was busy looking at mom instead of watching where I was going.

"No I'm sorry, I was on my phone." Some guy spoke so I stood up and looked up at him only to have the wind knocked out of my lungs.

What I saw made me loose all my senses. I legit ran out of words as my mouth went dry. "Oh my God!" He said with his Hazel eyes burning into mine. "Janelle, is that you?"

I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile to answer him. "Yes Jake, it's me."

Just looking at Jake brought back mixed emotions. I remembered the good times we shared and I also remembered the way he broke up with me.

He's really a Damon 2.0 thinking about it. "Wow!" He exclaimed. "You've changed a lot, you look good."

Not to lie, he looked good too. I'm not shocked that he looks good cause he's always been a pretty boy. "Janelle." Mom walked up to me. "What's going on?"

"Uhm mom." I smiled awkwardly at her. "Meet Jake."

Mom looked him up and down then back to me. "And who is Jake to you?" She asked.

I tried coming up with a reasonable lie but Jake spoke before me. "I'm her ex." He said looking at me.

My throat clogged up cause mom had no idea that I was dating at all during high school, in fact she was pretty strict about the no dating during high school rule.

Why did Jake have to say that?

"Her ex." Mom said eyeing me. "From where though cause she just started college and I know for a fact you haven't dated more than one guy in that short period of time."

He chuckled beating me to it again. "I'm her ex from high school." Hearing him said that made me cringe cause it reminded me of how much of a whore I was during that time.

"Mom, we really got to go." I took my moms hand leading her away from Jake before he spills more beans.

"Wait Janelle." Jake followed us. "Can I at least get your phone numbers, it's really been awhile and I just want to catch up." He said extending his hand with the phone in it.

I really didn't want to give him my numbers cause of the way he hurt me in the past but not giving him my numbers is a clear indication that I'm not over him and that's not what I want him to think.

I took the phone from him and put in my contact then I walked away after giving him his phone. "You've got a lot of explaining to do Janelle." Mom said in a very serious way.

What exactly does Jake want to catch up on? But not to lie, he's looking kind of fit. With all these thoughts in my mind  Damon just randomly popped up and it made my heart ache like a bitch.

It made me hurt cause I do still love him and I miss him like crazy but there's really nothing I can do cause the way he disrespected me is what I'm holding onto.

I just need a distraction and if Jake is that for me, then so be it.

*******

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!

Please keep on

Reading📚📖

Commenting 📲

And voting🗳📮

LOVE YOUS❤️🥰