🍖Chapter 18🍖

Janelle's POV

I watched as the cab passed the streetlights one by one. My heart and eyes heavy, my heart was heavy from pain and my eyes were heavy from the unshed tears.

I'm really on the verge of breaking down in this cab but I'm holding it in cause I'm just tired of constantly putting myself in embarrassing situations.

I felt my phone vibrate. Britney was calling but I didn't have the strength to pick up the call so i switched off my phone after checking the time.

It's currently 18:25pm, I still have about an hour to go cause my parents house is 2 hours away from campus so i placed my head on the cold window listening to the little ran drops which appeared out of nowhere.

I tried blinking away the tears but my eyes failed me. It's like I turned on a internal tap just by letting one tear drop. Tears ran down my eyes, to my nose then my mouth, i got tired of wiping them off so I just let it flow freely.

My mind couldn't stop replaying the promise he made to me outside our dorm after the truth or dare game. He begged me not to hurt him and he promised never to hurt me.

What wrong did I do to him?
I just can't believe out of all people Damon would belittle me like that.

I know I shouldn't feel this hurt but I can't help it cause i thought it would be different this time, I thought he genuinely loved me but I was wrong again.

After all this pain I've felt today, nobody better expect me to fall in love again cause I'm done. I'm done with anything that has to do with love.

All I need to do now is focus on my grades, graduate and get the hell out of there.

*
I paid the driver and thanked him as I got out of the car. The lights to our house were still on which obviously means my parents are awake.

My heartbeat quickened, what exactly will I say?

Why am I even here at the first place? I literally put them through hell cause I wanted to be as far away as I could be from them but look at me now, I'm back here.

The tears viciously ran down my eyes. All I want right now is my mom, my body yearns for her touch. With that thought I ran up to the patio, mastering up all the courage I had to finally knock on the door.

10 seconds later I was face to face with my mom looking at me in disbelief. I couldn't hold it in anymore, I ran up to her and broke down in her arms.

"It's okay baby." She hugged me back. "It's okay."

"Who's that at the door?" I heard my dad yell from the living room.

"It's Janelle." My mom said.

It was silent for a second. "What the hell is Janelle doing here?" I heard footsteps coming from the living room.

My heart sank cause my dad will definitely want to know what's going on and he'll kill me if he finds out all this is because of a boy.

"I can't face him." I quickly pulled away from my mom and ran upstairs before my dad could see me.

I ran into my room, it looked so empty cause I took most of the stuff with me but it didn't feel different at all. My bed called out to me so I removed my shoes and jumped in, the smell of home embracing me.

I don't get why i wanted to leave so bad? I know I wanted to be independent and free but now that I got a taste of it I don't want it anymore.

I heard a light knock sound on my door, my mom walked in with a bottle of water and aspirin in her hands. I was so caught up with my emotions to see how big her belly has gotten. I'm sure she'll go into labor anytime soon.