"I said stop it! I won't let anything bad happen to her!"

Henry let out a helpless sigh. "We both know that Chaeyoung should die. Or else she will suffer."

"I will give you twelve hours to come back to me. If you don't... then..."

"Don't you dare use my daughter, Henry! I am warning you. You don't even know what I am capable of!"

"What are you capable of Claire? Huh? Other than running and hiding, what else?" he asked, before letting out another sigh. "Look... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"We're done talking," she ended the call without waiting for Henry's words. Then, she stared at the bold 'WE' letters on top of Wang Empire building. Her daughter's office should be on the top floor just below these letters.

Claire smiled at the thought of Chaeyoung's achievements. If she could only walk up to her and tell her how much she missed her. If only she could hug her and stroke her hair once again.

She would... She would...

Claire shook her head, as she tried to remove all this wishful thinking from her head. Chaeyoung was safe... that was the most important thing right now.

Although she couldn't hug her daughter, she could watch her from afar. She could guard her and keep her safe. For some reason, Claire was happy that Chaeyoung did not know that she was still alive.

That would keep her safe, locked, and hidden away from the prying eyes.

Just the thought of the people, who were watching Chaeyoung secretly, instantly made Claire's blood boil. It's not surprising that the Vercello Family had their eyes on Chaeyoung, after all, she was so outstanding. No one would be able to match up to her if she contested for the matriarch position.

Because of this, Claire was sure that some enemies of the Vercello Family would also have their eyes on her. After all, she was the strongest candidate for that position.

That was the reason why she-Claire Wang would give everything that she had, to protect her daughter.

Everything...

...

Henry gritted his teeth, he was trying to call Claire again, but the call didn't go through.

Claire must have smashed the phone, or threw it out of the building.

He really was unable to convince her to come back. It was really bad for Henry. Now, he could only do the thing, which made him dreadful the most, just to make Claire come back and be safe next to him.

"Bring me to the Old Mansion," he told his chauffeur after finally making up his mind.

After a few minutes, Henry felt the car came to a halt. He immediately got off the car and walked into the old building in front of him.

It was Lee Family's Old Mansion that was built in the 1800's. It was old, yet the years seemed to make it more elegant, more luxurious.

This mansion was set behind big, intimidating, wrought-iron gates. The main mansion had a five-story luxurious living space and a two-story guest house. This mansion also had a pool house with a mirrored art deco bar, specifically made for his grandfather.