Chapter 7

I came to school early today. So early that the gatekeeper was astonished to see the boy who wrestled his way inside is the one who is walking with pride.
There were a few bags inside but other than that the classroom was empty.
I placed the lime candies on Seungkwan's desk  near the window. Today I was going to test the waters. The only person to ever give him Lime candies is me. If he is smart enough then he'll know who to find. But my plan would backfire if he would be absent. Seungkwan usually falls sick when he cries a lot.
Nearly everybody was in the class by now. Doekyom was going on about something to Jun who sat behind us. And then I saw Seungkwan. He was walking with Sunbae. The other kids gave them weird looks. That was bound to happen. But nobody was hurting them so it was alright I guess.
Sunbae gave his hand a squeeze before going his way. Seungkwan stared at him going away for a few seconds before he entered the class and almost tiptoed his way inside. I sighed.
He put his bag down and moved his head towards the window when his eyes caught the small bag of candies. He automatically turned to my seat. I quickly averted my eyes to Doekyom's story and tried to act like a listener.
"Did you submit the project?" Doekyom asked me.
"Where was I supposed to?" I ask confused.
"Staff room." He said. "Where else? Did you not get the notice in the morning?"
No. I quickly pulled the project out and dashed to the staff room. Just outside the door Jihoon stood hesitant. He was apparently too shy to ask for permission. I chuckled at his cute behavior.
"Follow me." I said startling him. He didn't say much just followed me like a kid as I entered like I usually did. A few teachers smiled at me and greeted too.
When we were leaving I felt a tug on my shirt. I turned my head to see Jihoon pinching the back of my t-shirt as he made way in between the crowd trying not to lose himself or get pushed. I smiled to myself like a lunatic.
When we finally got out he immediately let go of me and cleared his throat.
"Thanks." He said in a low voice, his eyes on the ground. His ears were red and left feet kept swinging.
I grinned at his posture. He was so damn cute. "You're welcome."
He sighed lifting his head, shaking as if in disappointment." I keep owing you."
I nodded. "We should become friends then. You'll feel less indebted."
He shook his head immediately. "I think we should not cross paths again."
Well I tried. But he was too harsh. Jerk.
"Why?"  I asked just in case.
"You're too loud." He threw nonchalantly.
True jerk but I was love sick. "What if I keep quite?"
"Still no." He said as he started to walk away.
"You won't be able to resist my charms once you get to know me." I grinned following him.
He mumbled something under his breath.
"What?" I asked.
He turned around suddenly making me take a step back. This was the first time he was looking me in the eye and I was starstruck.
"You're eyes are so pretty." I mumbled.
"What?" He asked in confusion that made him the cutest.
"Don't get me wrong, you're whole pretty but your eyes are damn fine." I said with as much confidence as I could. First step to get close to your crush is keep complimenting them.
"Thanks, they work fine enough to report me to stay away from a annoyance like you. And just so you know you missed your class." He said glaring at me.
"I know." I said noticing his red ears. He was somehow shy.
"Then why are you still not getting lost?" He asked closing his eyes and fisting his little hand.
"I was dropping you off first." I shrugged.
"I know my way. Thank you very much."
"Still." I whined trying to show my puppy eyes and irresistible pout.
"What the hell are you doing now?!" He almost yelled.
"Trying to convince you?"
He sighed loudly before taking a few breathes. "Listen Kwon Soonghoon-
"Yup I will." I agreed. "When I have a lot of time. How about in the break? Wait for me in the class."
He stared at me like I was crazy. "Did you lose it or so-
"Lee Jihoon." The teacher yelled opening the door. Jihoon jumped like a small kitten. I chuckled before shutting up at the teacher's glare.
"I'll see you later." I whispered before they shut the door on my face. I could hear the children giggle. But who cared about them when for the first time Jihoon was looking or glaring at me from the window.
I waved at him a little. He rolled his eyes at me and the girl sitting beside him.
"Mina?" I gave her a small smile just so I didn't look rude. I talked to her a few times anyhow. It'd be weird if I just ignored her gaze. Jihoon was now staring out of his window again ignoring me. I walked back to my class again and took my seat.
My eyes met Seungkwan's as I entered being the center of attention right now. This time surprisingly he didn't look away like he used to before.
"What were you doing?" Doekyom asked.
"Just met a friend on the way."