Chapter 1

Hoshi pov-
Year 2015,
First day of my eighth grade. And the first time I saw the him. And the first day of my countless experiences of crushing on the school's most antisocial boy who didn't even spare a glance at me. But my eyes always made hearts whenever he passed by.
If cuteness was to be defined in a materialistic way then it'd be his face. But his personality was a complete contrast. Everyone expected him to be cute and easy going but he turned out to be cold and unapproachable.
But that didn't change my mind. He still seemed charming. So much that I almost didn't pay attention to the boy he came with.
"I'm Lee Jihoon." He said with a straight face when the teacher asked for introduction.
On the other hand, "I'm Lee Seokmin. I hope to make a lot of friends. You can call me Doekyom." The other transferee said brightly, bringing a subconscious smile on everyone's face.
The air lightened a little with that. The teacher smiled at them both which Doekyom returned if possible even more brightly than before. Jihoon just nodded once.
"Sit down somewhere you find a seat." The class teacher teacher, Mrs. Kim who was a sweet lady in her late thirties said.
"Attendance." She announced after everything was settled and she had the attention of everyone. Well except me. My eyes followed the boys as they made their way to the back. The last desks in the corner of the class beside the window.
Doekyom let Jihoon take the window seat without a word. He kept smiling despite no response from the other. My seat was in the exact middle of the class. Two rows and two benches away from them.
He stared out of the window calmly with his hands folded on his chest. Before I could see more, my classmate , Jun moved forward, blocking the view. I came out of my thoughts when someone nudged me. Seungkwan, my desk mate.
"What?" I hissed at him. He glares back but points to the front.
"How about you stare at them after I leave the class, Hoshi?" Mrs.Kim smiles playfully as she marks me present. My face is red now as the children giggle at her comment and stare at me.
"I'm sorry." I say to which she gives me a small smile before proceeding with the roll call.
"Were you staring?" Seungkwan asks, teasing clear in his tone.
"I was just...looking." I stutter.
"If done more than necessary then it becomes staring, Mr. Kwon Soonghoon." He sassed.
Bastard. Why was I even staring at a boy anyway?
"The Doekyom boy looks super friendly." I said to change the topic. "We'd surely get along."
"I guess." He shrugged. "I wouldn't mind being friends with them. But they would. At least him." He referred to Jihoon. "I doubt he'd even bother to talk with us."
I shrugged. "What are you doing in break today?"
"The usual." A small smile tugs at the corner of his mouth. I had seen it a lot of times but never found out why. His eyes are on the desk, looking at the notebook but his gaze is lost. And before I knew it it was gone.
"If he wasn't a boy I'd almost mistake him for your secret girlfriend." I joke. He doesn't respond back. He's used to hearing that.
"Hansol doesn't like crowds. He's still getting used to the environment here. So it's hard for him to make friends and talk with people." He excuses.
I nod. "You're being good friend, I guess." I grin.
The classes went smoothly until the break time. I kept glancing at the last bench. Doekyom would give me a soft smile every time our eyes met. But Jihoon didn't really look at me. He was still looking outside. Was the scenery that interesting? It was stupid but I wanted him to look at me once. I wanted to see his expression when he looked at me. But till the very end he kept his gaze outside the window.
Seungkwan got up from his seat and looked at me. "I'll see you later." He says and jogs out without waiting for a response.
I stand up too. When I turn around, I come face to face with Doekyom. He again gives his bright smile.
"Hey." I say shaking his hand. "I'm Hoshi."
"Hoshi?" He asks confused.
"Yeah. Kwon Soonghoon. But you can call me Hoshi." I chuckle.
"Doekyom." He says. "Nice to meet you."
"Do you want to play volleyball with us?" I ask pointing at the ball that the boys were passing around as they made way to the door.
"Can I?" His politeness almost made me coo.
"Of course. We're friends now anyway. You'll get to know them better." I pat his shoulder in assurance. "Let's call the other-
"He went somewhere." Doekyom said unbothered. But I was bothered.
I walked to the Volleyball ground with Doekyom and the boys. It was like usual but I felt a lot different.
I was distracted by my thoughts about the short boy who hadn't spared a glance at me even when I was literally staring at him for the three whole classes. I almost got hit on the face making my teammates whine for missing a ball.
"It's alright, guys. We'll get more chances." Dino said in my defense. I smiled at the boy thanking him in my mind.
But more for giving me peaceful thought. We'll have more chances. I'll surely get a chance to talk to him.