1.- Accidental Rubbing

Alex and Miles will feel uneasy and quite shy about such an event.

Year 2004

Alex

Trying to focus on my main purpose, I sought employment as a pub bartender in Wembley. I needed to keep busy for a while and get some money.

Although work was a bit far from home, I liked to travel, since I took advantage of those minutes to inspire me, so I only covered my reading view or my ears with various music; Frank Sinatra (which my father introduced as a child) or sometimes The Clash, to have a different sound.

The Strokes were lately one of my favorite bands, so Is this it created a new millennium rock atmosphere that until the last song reached my ears. When the album was finally over, I could end the trip with the "britpop" of Oasis.

• ~

When I was leaving adolescence behind to approach ambitious youth, unlike other boys, my life continued to be quiet without much to tell, except that I had finally formed the Indie rock band which was baptized by one of the guys with a particular name: the "Arctic Monkeys."

With Jamie Cook (Cookie) on guitar, Nick O'malley on bass, my good friend Matt Helders on drums and me on vocals and lead guitar. Andy Nicholson was an old friend who was on bass for a while, but due to personal problems, he never made it back to the band, or maybe the entire production team never wanted him to when they understood Nick's work. Anyway that was in the past.

I was not exactly comfortable hearing myself sing, although it was too late for regrets, as we had recently performed at various late-night bars, including pubs around Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool, and despite everything, the boys and I, were ready to keep working. But not everything was about rehearsals. Sometimes we would hang out in taverns near Rotherham or Brighton and we ended the evening at Matt or Cookie's house.

• ~ 🐒

Those days my heart was close to a woman. A rather imperious and learned girl named Johanna Bennett, whom I met early in high school after the breakup with Lauren Bradwell in primary school.

Being a writer, from time to time, she would help me to compose or make some musical scores. The way she created and wrote for me was extremely interesting. 

Some days when I was in high school, we would walk home, meanwhile I spent every step watching her walk

Some days when I was in high school, we would walk home, meanwhile I spent every step watching her walk. Hugging each other, engaging in subtle conversations, holding hands to jump the lines in the middle of the street that separated from each other just a few inches, we had fun until we reached the rehearsal room.

The hours flew by, that's why my obligation was to focus on the band most of my time. I felt safer for a studio album than writing solo, I thought that was the reason why it was difficult for me to be the vocalist for AM, as I couldn't get past my shyness.