7 the knowledge pt 2 💡

The next day of school started uneventful at first. Until lunch. Jessica and the rest of the group were talking about surfing in La Push, when Isabella joined them, eyes wandering over to the Cullens.

"La Push, baby. You in?"

"Should I know what that means?" she asked half-heartedly.

"La Push beach, down on the Quileute rez. We're all going after school. Big swell coming in."

"And I don't just surf the internet."

"Eric, you stood up once. On a foam
board."

"There's whale watching, too. Come with us."

"La Push, baby. La Push."

"I'll go if you stop saying that."

''Invite your sister too.''

That darkened Isabella's expression. She quickly turned, hoping no one noticed, but some at the table did. They glanced at each other. When she walked over to the salad bar, where Annabeth and Jasper just happened to be, they huddled together.

"You saw that too, right?"

"I wonder what's going on between them?"

"Seriously? Haven't you been listening when Annabeth sat with us the first time? You're really dense Mike."

Back at the salad bar, Jasper just warned Annabeth about the approaching person.

"How did you get to her so fast?" they heard from their side.

Annabeth turned around unnerved. Her hand hit the bowl she filled for herself, almost sending it flying, but Jasper caught it before it could.

''That again? Can't you just stop? You wanna cause a scene? Bring it on, because I'm ready, I have enough of you stalking us.''

''Think you can do anything, cripple?''

''And whose fault is it? Huh?''

Annabeth pushed past her sister, making sure to bump into her shoulder. She didn't see how Jasper was glaring at Isabella when he followed with the salad bowl. He followed her scent outside to some picnic tables where he found her pacing and mumbling under her breath.

"I'm surprised I don't have nightmares yet from her stalky face", she ranted.

He set the bowl down and grabbed her arms.

"Anna. Calm down. She's not worth it."

"I just..."

"I know darlin', I know."

•~~~•

At the end of the school day, Annabeth was sorting some stuff at her locker. She had the second to last lesson with Rosalie, who surprisingly had engaged her in some smalltalk. Annabeth had taken a liking to her immediately. They already exchanged numbers and during the last lesson, they were texting.

"Ma'am."

"Hello cowboy."

"So, how was it to be swarmed by Rosalie?"

Annabeth smiled.

"It was great actually. She has such a gentle nature, despite the tough wall that she puts up all the time."

"Hm. It's a protective mechanism that she always tries to put on us as well. You know, with living forever, we can't form any attachments to anyone."

"Yet here you are", Annabeth mumbled.

"Here I am."

They stared at each other. Nobody in the hallway seemed to mind as they walked past.

"Anna..."