6 the knowledge pt 1 💡

Annabeth woke up to someone combing and braiding her hair. She blinked and looked at Jasper who smiled down at her.

"Hey."

"Morning. How long are you awake?"

"Some time."

She observed his face as he finished braiding her hair. Once he finished, his eyes looked into hers. In that moment, there was a knock on the door.

"Wake up, before dad comes in and discovers you're naked", they heard the nosy voice of the teenager next door.

Annabeth groaned.

"Help me up, please?"

Jasper steadied her as she stood up and walked to the door. She heard footsteps coming up. She knew if she didn't do anything now that Isabella would tell any lies. So she ripped her door open, causing it almost to hit the wall. She came face to face with her dad who was about to knock and Isabella who was standing next to him with her arms crossed.

"Uh, hey. You're awake."

"Yeah. Just woke up."

"You're still wearing the same as yesterday. Can't imagine that to be comfortable."

An uncomfortable silence followed after that. It was only interrupted by a growling stomach. Annabeth blushed.

"I think it would be best to get something to eat."

"Uh, yeah, I'm off to work, they called me in for an urgent case so I won't be joining you. I trust..."

"I'll take care of her, Chief Swan", Jasper said.

He hesitantly nodded.

"Alright. I'll see you later girls."

After Charlie left the house, Jasper leaned closer to Annabeth.

"Let me take you out. I want to talk to you about something", he whispered.

"Is it about what you wanted to show me?" she whispered back to which he nodded.

"Alright. Let me take a shower first. Do you want to freshen up too?"

"No need. Thank you. I'll wait for you here."

"Okay. Uh, while you're waiting, I have some history books that might interest you. I know you're an absolute fan of history."

She gathered some fresh clothes and pointed at the books she mentioned.

"I'll try not to take long."

She exited her room, stopping in front of Isabella who was staring at them.

"Mind your own business."

She vanished into the bathroom. Isabella turned to Jasper to start questioning him again. But he wasn't standing in the doorframe anymore. He snuck back into Annabeth's room and picked one of the books she pointed out before.

•~~~•

Jasper inhaled sharply when a sudden sweet smell of berries flew into his nose. The water in the bathroom had stopped and a few minutes later, Annabeth stepped into her bedroom in comfortable clothes, her hair still braided.

"What do you prefer to eat? Do you have a favorite place?"

Jasper left the book on the bed and stood up.

"That's part of what I wanted to talk about."

"Okay. I'm all ears."