3 the appointment/school 🏥/🏫

I sat patiently next to my dad in the waiting room. He insisted on coming with me to the hospital, but I was able to persuade him that he could stay in the waiting room. Though I must admit, I was a little nervous on the inside. I really hoped that doctor was as good as my dad said. I was looking at my hands the whole time. My thumbs were in circles around the other. I decided to look up. There was a blond man with a white coat talking to a nurse. I could only see his back though. I turned to my dad, he was still reading an article.

''Ms. Swan'', a voice called out.

''Yes?'' my automatic reply came as we stood.

I turned to the direction the voice came from. It was that blond man. My attention turned to his eyes immediately as I noticed that they were a catching honey-gold.

''Dr. Cullen. I'll be your doctor. Your father already informed me of your situation. Chief Swan.''

''Doc.''

''I had your file send here already. If you would come with me. Though I know you might not want to hear me ask it, but do you want to sit in a wheelchair, for precaution?''

''No. I can manage.''

I turned to my dad. He sighed and nodded.

''I'll wait here'', he said and sat back down.

I followed the doctor slowly. He seemd to be the patience in person as he adjusted to my pace. He held the door to the radiology open for me. He immediately motioned for me to sit.

''I would like to feel your hip first and then make an ultrasound and x-ray to be up-to-date.''

I nodded. There was a bed for me prepared. I leaned on it as I pulled my pants off, leaving me in my underpants.

"Do you have those bruises often?" he asked as he helped me lay down.

He was referring to the blue skin over my hip bone. I started telling him what I thought was relevant while he prodded my hip.

"Occasionally. We tracked the frequency of the bruises and they appear when I made an abrupt move or when I wake up on my sides. I also fell sometimes in the past, dislocating my leg. It feels like they just give out. I was told everything in my legs seems to be week."

"And I assume that no one had any thoughts about how to solve this yet? Not even a few possibilities?"

"No. And I wasn't convinced that I could be helped with it. And my... forget it. It's nothing."

He looked at me, curious about what I almost said.

"Let's see first how it looks, then we can see what options we have", he said with a gentle smile and continued on with taking an x-ray.

???

I sat in my room, reading a book, when I heard the front door closing and an intoxicating scent slowly creeped up to my room. I threw the book on my sofa and sped downstairs. I took a deep breath that I actually didn't need. I came face to face with Carlisle, who looked at me confused at my approach. Esme, who stood next to him was equally confused.

''What's wrong? Is the major breaking through?" she asked when she noticed my eyes.

''Why do you smell like that?'' I hissed at him.

It was challenging to smell such a wonderful scent and not storm out to search for the source.

''Like what?'' he asked confused.

''Strawberries.''

''I can't recall being in someone's presence that smelt like strawberries.''

''But why is it so intense?'' I asked.