5 the doctor 🥼

She bit her lip as she was patiently sitting in the ER. Annabeth almost jumped off the bed when her dad came rushing in, his face as white as a sheet of paper, looking around for her.

"Annabeth!"

"Over here, dad", she called out.

He huffed in relief when he spotted her and quickly approached her.

"Sweetheart, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

"Your legs? Any pain?"

"No", she said quickly.

He gave her a look with raised eyebrows. Annabeth sighed.

"Okay. Yes, a little pain."

He sat down next to her and gave her a side hug.

"They gave me a damn good scare when they called to tell me you were here after an accident. That boy can surely kiss his license goodbye."

"Chief Swan, Annabeth", they were greeted by a familiar voice.

"Dr Cullen."

"I've got her, Jackie. Annabeth, I heard you were in the accident at school as well?"

"Yes."

He looked down at her chart, reading over the nurse's notes, before looking up at the girl again.

"Okay. How do your legs feel?"

"Like always."

"So no additional pain?"

"A little", knowing she couldn't fool him, especially when her dad was there who had asked the same thing.

The man hummed as he a looked at her x-ray pictures.

"Well the x-ray indicates that you indeed have a dislocation on your right side. We're going to have to reposition your hip."

He pulls out a pen light and held it in front of her eyes while he continued to talk about what needed to be done. He also felt the back of her head.

"The knot is rather small, so no worries about that. And the x-rays of your head don't show any signs of a concussion."

Just then Isabella quietly joined them, standing awkwardly next to the gurney.

"Bella, You're finally here."

"Sorry. Bad traffic", the girl mumbled.

"Okay. Do you want any pain medication before I reposition your hip?" Dr Cullen asked.

"N-no. Not now."

Charlie grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"This is going to hurt. It will be over quick, okay?"

She winced when the cold hands grasped her leg and moved it.

"Well Bethi, if you keep that up, my hand will break by the point your leg's back where it was", Charlie joked.

"Maybe I should have taken the pain meds before", Annabeth mumbled and avoided having the right side of her body in her sight.

"On three, okay? One, two-"

There was a popping noise as Annabeth tried her best to hold back any screams. She squeezed her dad's hand to the point where it turned pasty white.

"What about three?!" she exclaimed when she found enough air in her lungs to speak.

"Yeah, what about three?" Charlie asked as he winced, trying to not be bothered with his squished hand.

"Three."