29. Spending time together in Austin

Start from the beginning

'I was just telling Matt about my plan, he seemed confused and slightly surprised' Joey told Seb. 'Are you still good to come help me pack?'

'Of course. I wouldn't want you to change your mind' he stated.

'Well, you've still got time to change yours. I am not an easy person to live with.'

'I am 100% sure.' Seb smiled.

'God you guys are terrible.' Kimi huffed. 'Sure you don't want to take another break? Seb was so quiet. It was nice for once'

Sebastian gave his teammate a killing look as he carried on mumbling: 'he saw the pictures of you in LA and almost had a fit. I had to stop him from booking a flight'

'You didn't tell me this!' Joey laughed. 'You did say not to listen to Kimi, but I feel like I want to listen to this very much. What else did he do?'

'The  brief is soon' Seb tried, not enjoying where the conversation was going.

'Oh we can walk and talk' Kimi wrapped his arm over Joey's shoulder. 'So, basically, he saw the pictures, read a few comments... and he couldn't take it. I literally stopped him from booking a flight' Kimi explained. Joey chuckled as Seb groaned loudly. 'He then might have drank a little too much and spent the night saying he couldn't lose you, that you were perfect. It was a first class meltdown, I tell you. He had to sleep on the sofa'

'Kimi, now I am glad you're leaving Ferrari next year' Seb huffed. 'He's exaggerating'

'I know Lewis has a crush on her. Who wouldn't' Kimi carried on in an abysmal Sebastian impression. 'What if she realises Lewis is so much better? They've known each other for years'

Joey kept chuckling at the now blushing pouting German holding the door to the drivers' brief to let both of them in.

'In conclusion: thank you.' Kimi stated. 'He's grumpy at the best of times'

'He is... iceman?' Joey laughed.

'I am not grumpy, I am...'

'Finnish' Joey concluded for him with a smile.

~•~•~•

The US grand prix had concluded with a well deserved victory for the Ferrari Finn that had, however, almost cancelled Seb's hopes for a championship in 2018.

Joey had just got out of a shower when she noticed a text from Callum on her phone.

I know it's not your boy, but we're going to have a celebratory barbecue tonight before we have to leave for Mexico. Join us. Seb is coming too, don't worry.

Ps. We've got food, bring drinks. And lots of them, I heard you bagged a Merc contract.

Callum had attached the location of a nearby park. Joey decided to change into a pair of comfortable trousers and an Ireland rugby oversized shirt, completing her look with her trusted black vans. She stopped off at a convenience store and stocked up on beers and drinks for the team.

The smell of burning coals could be smelled from the entrance of the park and Joey followed it and the cloud of smoke to find the red team in full celebratory mood.

'Buenas tardes' she smiled. 'cerveza?' She offered.

'It's birra in Italian, but I'll take it' Callum joked. 'Lovely to see you, even with awful green shirt on ya, lass'

'Guess I'll take my beer offer back' she huffed. 'Steven, here. He doesn't deserve it.' She took the beer out of Callum's hand and gave it to the other Brit.