P A R T 12

it had been about an hour since i got home and it was edging 7pm. i still hadnt gotten a reply from the boys which was making me wonder. as i said it was literally just a picture of mirrors but still, i wanted them to have a surprise. 

my dad was over at harrys discussing boring old people things, more specifically venues for the euro training. my mum was out at victorias house, the only reason i remember was because before my mum left she teased that i should come to see brooklyn, yes we have history but no one needs to know that. and flynn, god knows where he is.  

as we have little to no food in for dinner i walked over to tesco to get chicken nuggets. i am literally dragging myself down the freezer, wearing an xl hoodie and oversized joggies. saying i look like a tramp is an understatement. i locate the dino nuggies and make my way to the till, as im passing the pasta isle i hear a certain portsmouth accent, followed by an array of youthful deep laughs. i think i know who they are untill i hear an american accent, i walk down the isle anyway even though i eliminated the fact it could be mason and the boys. 

"chilly man get the twirly one stop being boring" 

nope i am uneliminating the fact it could be mason and the boys.

big mistake not putting my contacts in today, i squint as much as i can just to see mason and his big fat nose, cute big fat nose. i see chilly there aswell standing beside a brunette who i believe is the american i heard, i sneak up behind ben and shook his shoulders. he got a fright and the spagetti flew up in the air, right then and there i knew i was done for. i stood there infront of the boys for which felt like an eternity, holiding my dino nuggies like a lost child. 

"mate what the fuck was that for"

i caught on that they obviously didnt recognise me with my hood up, even with it down i dont know if they would recognise me. i pulled it down and revealed myself, "riley thats not funny you wanker i had a heart attack" the chelsea defender said to me. 

"sorry ben ill grab the pasta" i laughed, before i could bend down mason kicked it underneath the shelf. "no dont pick it up because we need to get the twir- wait your hair!"  mason said looking proud. 

"finally i thought none of you would notice, did you not see me text on the groupchat" i said sarcastically. "well about that, uhm rashy lost the changing room key and everyones phones are in there so we have to wait untill tomorrow morning to get them back" mason replied.

i just laugh, how is this team still alive. literally everything goes wrong for them. 

"so are you going to introduce me to your friend then?"

"oh yeah sorry, christian meet riley, riley meet christian" ben motions for us to shake hands. 

"ben this is tesco we arent at a business meeting" i say whilst leaning in to hug christian because personally i think thats way friendlier. 

"nice to finally meet you riley, ive heard so much about you" the american says as ben gives him a wink during our hug. 

"soooo then" mason says eventually breaking me and christians long hug. "did you just come for chicken nuggets ri?".

"i had hardly anything in for dinner and nothing beats dino nuggies right?" they all laugh at me. "what im serious stop laughing". 

"fine then why were yous arguing about pasta" i interigate them. "okay listen" ben says. 

ugh im going to get a full story for a one word answer i bet you. 

"basically jorgihno came to visit mine and the boys apartment", "boys?" i cut him off by accident, im not very good at being patient. "woah save the questions till the end miss riley rose" chilly snaps. 

"obviously he has italian roots and he said that we would never be able to make a better pasta dish than him so we split into teams and we are going to do a competition on who can make the best one" ben finishes off. 

"can i add something?" i ask, the 3 of them nod. "the bow, get the bow pasta".

"thank you riley, i told them to get that one but chilly told me to shut up because im american" 

why am i not surprised, you'll never meet someone like chilly ill tell you that. "well great minds think alike i guess" i say to christian. both of us end up staring into each others eyes, jesus this man is so fit. we are both shook out of our trance when mason says something.

"sorry what?"

"i said that we need a judge you might aswell come over" mason said to me for the second time. "plan only as long as you let me use your oven for my dino nuggies?"

"deal".

chilly brought his car and so did i so that meant i had to drive by myself, i have no idea where the boys apartment was so i was a bit anxious about following him without a sat nav. mason noticed that i looked nervous and volunteered to drive there with me.  "see you in 5 guys" i heard christian shout.

"okay im just going to put this out there mason im a shit driver" 

"well ill be the judge of that riley". man im so nervous, only my dad knows how bad i am at driving. mind you he dosent help at all so hopefully mason will be a bit calmer. "anyway who are the people you and ben share an apartment with then?" i ask to get my mind off things. "so its me, ben and christian. another lad in the england team called reece, im sure youll recognise him and a scottish lad called billy" 

the whole car shook, masons neck hit the headrest hard. "oops sorry i hit the kurb, continue" i motion to mase. 

"well before you gave me whiplash i was going to say that you will love billy, he is got to be the funniest guy ive met. the scottish accent is difficult to understand sometimes but honestly hes so sound" 

"and jorghinio?" i ask. obviously i know who the man the myth the legend is, i just want to know what he is like. "he will treat you like a princess, hes got the charm. chilly lacks that but he says that a sexy man like him dosent need charm" mason tells me. 

"well chilly is fit but im not going to boost his ego dont worry, oh and i tell you someones worked there american charm on me" i smirk.

"ill be keeping an eye out on you missy i dont want you to get hurt" 

we finally made it to chillys after another 3 near death experiences. long story short jorgi, billy and reeces pasta dish won, reece burnt my dino nuggies, i got given a lecture on how irn bru was the answer to everything but i think eventually i fell asleep on their couch. 

the 6 boys notcied the blondie passed on out there couch with her phone in hand, a text from her mum read. 

mum: hey darl, just wondering where you are. havent heard from you in a while x

mason slipped the phone out of her hand hand and replied to say "im staying over at a friends house tonight x". chilly took it upon himself to carry her to his room and let her have a bed. "wow shes a feckin rocket i tell ya" billy blurts out which makes everyone laugh. 

"ela é uma em um milhão".