P A R T 9

as harry, declan and mason walk up to the car the england captain knocks on the window of rileys side which wakes her upsuddenly from her slumber. 

"fuck" i shout after getting disrespectfully awoken from my nap, i give harry the finger and groan as he gets in the car. i clock on to the sound of another 2 doors opening and look behind me to see mason and declan getting in the car. 

"declan dropped his keys down the drain so we are going to give them both a lift home if thats okay with you ri" harry asks me. i look behind me and give declan a funny look after hearing he had stupidly dropped his keys, he points to mason in his defence and mase puts his hands up like he was surrendering. "your both fannys man" i say to the bubbly boys in the back which makes them laugh. "i take it thats a yes to taking them home then?" harry says. "ugh fine i guess" i say back sarcastiaclly whilst smiling. 

truthfully i am a little bit annoyed as i never like people seeing me after i take a nap, i hate how i always look so puffy and ratty after sleeping. my friends always tell me that im a natrually pretty person in the morning but personally i dont agree. they get mad at me for not believing my worth but everyones insecure, right? in this situation though i dont really mind, i dont feel the need to make myself look presentable around mason and declan which is weird because i hate to admit it but i absolutely thrive of male validation. today at training i got a vibe from most of the boys that they were looking at me, im not trying to be self obsessed but its pretty obvious when you can see it with your own eyes.

 though mason and declan are different, they arent trying to flirt with me which is not normal when i talk to guys. i like that though, atleast they make me feel comfortable around them. im pretty sure declan has a girlfriend and im not sure about mason but i only look at them platonically anyway. i feel as though we could all be really good friends. on the other hand if they were someone like phil, chilly, marcus, jude or  john this would situation would make me beyond embarrased. 

mason pov

he sits back after bickering with deccers over whose fault it was dropping the keys. harry was singing to the radio and all him and dec could hear was riley telling him to stop with his awful vocals but eventually the both of them were singing a duo to she moves in her own way by the kooks. declan and him sat in silence most of the ride back, occassionally exchanging looks and giggles at each other when they hear the two weirdos singing in the front. although it wasnt an awkward silence as the two of them are best friends. the both of them eventually zoned out into their own thoughts.

do you know what i actually really admire riley, not in the way the other guys do. they just find her 'hot' or 'peng' and oversee her talent and personality, im sure if she sticks around the guys will start to look at that side. i get this really weird feeling when im around her though, many people would assume i think shes attractive but i dont. yes shes pretty but in the space of a day i look at her and feel the need to protect her, almost like shes a part of my family. i really hope nones of the boys hurt her because i already value our friendship at this early stage. 

end pov

the two boys were snapped out of there trance when they heard riley say "and that will be 15 pounds please", her hand motioning for them to give her money. "jog on" declan replies as he is getting out of the car, mason waves goodbye as his captain and newfound friend drives by.

as harry if driving away he is relieved that the boys werent their usual curious nosy selfs and asked how he knew riley. kane didnt know that ri knew about the england boys not being aloud to know but he thought he better not bring it up incase she became the nosy one, he knows how she can get sometimes. 

harry: "how was training with the big guns then?"

ri: "i was a little bit intimidated at the start but it gave me a lot to learn and to be honest all i could think about was lunch"

harry: "me and the seniors were talking about how well you did today, i could her the boys chatting about you aswell"

a familiar hot feeling flushed my cheeks as i looked in the rear mirror to see my face has turned crimson

harry: "has rileypoo got a little crush" he teased whilst giving her a nudge on the shoulder

ri: "ew stop you know i hate it when you all call me that"

harry: "you can't escape it ri, maguire, hendo, luke, tripps all call u that mate"

ri: "must be an old people thing" i say with a big massive smirk on my face

harry: "if you keep up that chat young lady i wont be driving you home for lunch"

i love how me and harry can bounce off each other, at first i come across really sweet but im so sarcastic once i get comfortable. its good to have someone who gives the same energy back.

we pull into my massive driveway as i see the 4 cars in the garage. im not stupid, i know my parents have alot of money. i always get told im rich, although that is correct in reality it is the normal for me. i have grown up learning the right morals and knowing i have to be humble for what i have. im probably wrong for saying my massive driveway because it really is my mum and dads. i do feel guilty for still living in my childhood home, at the age of 22 i think that i should have a flat of my own. dont get me wrong i have more than enough money to afford a place to myself, with the ridiculously high wage i get paid weekly i could more than happily live stabily. obviously its not as high as mens football pay which can i add i think is complete bullshit. why should gender affect how much money you get payed doing the SAME job, honestly it infuriates me but i am still in a very great position money wise. i feel very grateful and blessed to live the way i do. but there is so much comfort living with your family i know im not ready to leave mentally. 

"see you later haz, thank you for taking me today".

as i walk into my room i pull my phone out, i remember hearing tons of notifications appear just before i nodded off.

you have 5 new followers and 3 new message requests

@benchilwell , @philfoden , @johnstonesofficial, @marcusrashford, @judebellingham now follow you.

this made me get excited, i really hope that i get close with some of the boys. hopefully soon i can tell them that im gareths daughter. know one knows about me and flynn except from close family and friends, my father has always wanted us to be out of the public eye, im not aloud to have southgate on any of my social medias, my name on registers at schools were always just riley rose and whenever we went to an england game we were never aloud to be filmed. i understand being like that whilst i was growing up, i guess they just wanted to give me a normal life but now im 22 i can handle myself, i dont know why the boys arent aloud to know. i make a mental note in my head to talk to my dad about that after my bath.