P A R T 1

riley or y/n as kendall jenner (i'm going to refer to y/n as riley as i don't like how y/n looks in storys :) )

coming back from an injury isn't the easiest thing to do but lucky me has to go through all the recovery sessions day by day, like clockwork as my dad would say

coming back from an injury isn't the easiest thing to do but lucky me has to go through all the recovery sessions day by day, like clockwork as my dad would say. my life was practically set out on paper before my acl injury, you know winning the women's super league then the euros and eventually moving to an international club to play the sport i love for a living but unfortunately i had to miss out on the incredible atmosphere when my team won the league. the injury set me back obviously physically but mentally aswell, there would be nights i would cry myself to sleep, binge eat and so on. you would find these thoughts in my journal, no one touches that thing. it's mind blowing how important a few pieces of paper in a book are to me.

my dad is the one and only gareth southgate, the man leading england to the hopeful win of the euro 2020s. it gives me a bigger drive knowing my father missed the deciding penalty years ago which makes me even more motivated at this crucial part in my career to recover from this injury and come back better than ever at the women's euros. wether the lionesses do well or not i know my dad will be proud of myself no matter what and support me all the way. Still with all the positive people in my life i still can't get that horrifying day out of my head.

i woke up that day with a pit in my stomach, a feeling something has went wrong. the nerves i had felt that morning were worrying for me because i am normally buzzing on game days. everyone gets pre match nerves but not like these. i brushed it off nonetheless and got on with my day. a couple of hours before i have to leave i like to go on a walk with headphones and listen to music to get myself in the zone. this was like any normal game day, until i got a call from my dad, unusual but probably nothing. i picked up the phone to a frantic gareth, he says "ri your necklace". this is when i realised it must be bad, in the southgate family we don't mention the necklace on game days.