P A R T 6

i give my teammates all hugs as it was the only proper time without balls flying everywhere, screams and whistles blowing that I could catch up with them after being out for so long.

lucy: "so how is your knee feeling after that then ri"

riley: "for the most part it felt great, it was just at the end it started niggling"

lucy: "yeah i saw you sat out, probably because you couldn't skin me" she says jokingly

riley: "ay maybe not you but i did get sancho" you wink

alex: "ugh Sancho is a sort, i wish i couldve been that near him"

millie: "you know whos better looking than sancho, mings"

nikkita: "to be fair the whole team are pretty hot"

lucy: "so ri any particular person who caught your eye then?"

yes i thought but defintley not in a good way.

riley: "i mean i was chatting to phil and ben and i would be lying if i said they werent attractive"

just then i heard my name being called by harry from the other end of the pitch whilst dangling his keys, i took that as a hint so i grabbed my stuff and walked over to him. "bye girls, ill see you on monday" i shout as they all wave.

as i turned back around to face harry i was greeted by keys getting thrown at my face. "woah you nearly took my eye out kane, gareth wouldnt be too happy if he found out" I say. "i'd get praised ri, we always make plans about beating you up when you get annoying " he winks. "after that throw i reckon you should start a career in cricket, it would get you further than football especially after that shocking miss on friday" i tease the tottenham striker laughing. "you won't be laughing when i break that fully recovered knee of yours again" harry replys with. i admit it that one shut me up.

"anyway I have to go back to the changing rooms to sort out travelling things with the euros are you okay to sit in the car for half an hour?" harry says to me. i give him a fat thumbs up and pull a face, he sighs and walks away. i knew he was smiling so i repeatedley shouted bye untill i got him to turn around just so i could see the wide grin on his face.

i was really happy with how the training went, of course my knee wasnt going to be fine and dandy the full way through but atleast getting more than half of the session done was progress. all i could think about though was jack, i never knew he was in the team. i was surprised he never said anything, i suppose we were on different halfs of the pitch but that never used to stop him. although i think im judging too early, who knows if it was just him being childish, maybe he has matured. even though that dosent excuse everything he has done to me we are adults now and im sure a chat wont hurt, thats even if he even acknowlodges me but i really shouldnt be the worried one here i haven't done anything wrong.

meanwhile in the changing rooms...

it was rowdy as usual, the boys always raving about training and the odd few complaining about how they apparently didnt do well. but today was a completley different topic.

mason: "nah really who was the girl that walked in with harry because shes got some skill right"

phil: 'her names riley, me n chilly were chatting with her shes really funny"

jude: "the one with the fine arse hmm foden?"

phil: "cmon guys you cant say she isnt the hottest girl you've ever seen, hand up come on prove my point"

chilly, jude, marcus, reece, john, and phil all put there hand up just as jack walked in the changing room door.

phil: "there we go my point proved"

jack : "what is point is phil proving now then lads"

chilly: "we were all agreeing on how riley was the fittest girl going, what do you think jacky boy"

jack: "benjamin i literally have no idea who your talking about mate"

jude: "give me a second i will find her instagram"

everyones eyes were peeled on the young boys phone, sitting across from each other was hendo and maguire. they are two out of the three players who know about southgates secret, all the boys were too concentrated on riley to see the countless amount of looks those two exchanged. the both of them could tell what each other was thinking and once again the common denominator, it was riley. this exactly what southgate had imagined would happen and he relyed on the boys to look out for her.

just as jude found the account 'rileyrose' the padlock came up on his screen. a bunch of loud 'awwwws' came from the england changing room. "theres no way she would be private im telling ya" says one of the many boys gathered round the phone. jude clicks on another account hoping it would be Riley and it was.

 jude clicks on another account hoping it would be Riley and it was

"jacky come here lad" ben says. grealish takes a look at her insta feed and is taken a back. "holy shit shes peng" the brummie boy comes out with. as he takes a closer look things begin to click in his head. riley rose, footballer, kensington park. this can't all be a coincedence jack thought, "she was here today? training?" he asked, the boys all said yes. he did recognise the tall brown haired girl sitting with two of the lads but not enough to know it was her, riley, riley rose. "yeah shes alright" he says after he realises. none of the boys reply as they are all returned to their old conversation.

even though she does look visibly different she is probably just the same old mug he knew back in secondary jack thought to himself trying to make every excuse for himself.