Chapter 30:- Vyris To The Rescue

Start from the beginning

A few of the wolves, mostly the younger ones, nodded seriously while the older ones looked embarrassed.

"Every week, a specific number of people will volunteer the cooking and cleaning of the packhouse. I spoke to a few of the omegas who stated that they liked to do the work but often it becomes much too tiring. The volunteers will help them with the workload."

"Everyone has to volunteer," she continued, "Doesn't matter if you are warriors, teachers, businessmen or whatever, this is your duty to the pack and to the omegas who make the work easier for you."

Connor smirked on seeing how slowly Selena was returning back to her old self, and Ryan smiled at seeing some good rules being implemented. He stood up and walked to the front slowly with the help of the stick he was given.

Selena held his hand when he reached her and Ryan stood beside her, facing the pack.

"Guys, the attack was hard on us all. The alpha has been informed and he will be back soon. But he has ordered all of you to listen to her with as much respect as you would have listened to him."

"Yes, Beta Ryan," they all answered together and then looked at Selena, "We understand the rules, Luna."

Selena was just going to speak when Ryan spoke again, "Also, Xavier suggested to me a few people who he wants to be the first volunteers."

Selena looked at him confused because this was something she had no idea about. She noticed the side of Ryan's lips quirking slightly as if he was trying to hold back a smile or smirk.

"Josephine, Monica, Andrew, Kendra, Mathew, Lucas, Nicholas and Stacy, You guys are the volunteers for the first month." Ryan and Selena both stayed quiet as Selena still looked at Ryan. She turned her face to look at the crowd but made sure she looked at the eyes of each and every one of those people that had tormented her the most during that time.

She was trying so hard to not smirk when her eyes fell on Stacy's, she didn't want to seem petty while standing in front of the pack as their leader but it was proving to be really hard.

"Would you like to dismiss the meeting, Luna?" Ryan asked gently, with a bowed head and took a step back slowly.

"Meeting dismissed."

They all retired to Xavier's office in the meantime.

"Did you see the way she stared? Her face had gone all red and she was so angry," Ryan commented with a chuckled as Ileana helped him sit.

"When did you guys plan this?" Selena asked, hiding her amusement.

"Xavier suggested. He had asked me to give him the list of names of all the wolves who..." Ryan flinched, not being able to finish. Everyone remained quiet and Selena's smile faltered but she gave him a nod and urged him to continue. "He texted me last night after we discussed the rules with him in the conference, saying that these people are to be the first volunteers and they must help."

Selena nodded her head but didn't comment any further. After a bit more chitchat, and Connor telling her how proud he was of her, she went to get a little training and running for her wolf and Ryan went to rest along with Ileana, as Connor and Damien stayed in the office.

"Does she know?" Damien asked all of a sudden catching Connor off guard. He looked at Damien with a surprised face but Damien didn't fall for it, "Robert and I were close, Connor, I know you know."

"Damien..."

"The way she spoke a few days ago, asking why her parents aged faster than normal werewolves," Damien paused just to weigh Connor's expression, "She doesn't know about Marcella."