Family, in my mind, is the feeling of emptiness and sorrow.

I have a lot of people in my life who are family, but the real question is, who is your true family?

I empty the beer bottle, put it on the floor, and grab another one.

"Um...Terry, you should go easy on the beer."

I smile at her. "No worries. I have high intolerance when it comes to alcohol."

When doing jobs such as dressing up as an escort and entertaining clients, I would have to pretend to be drinking water. But I use alcohol to make my clients drunk to share intel.

Suddenly, a wave of lightheadedness starts to emerge.

Well, that's a lie.

"I need to...*hic*," I burp and excuse myself. "Need to use the bathroom."

"Okay," Effie didn't question as I tried to walk straight, heading inside the house.

Lying about being intolerant about alcohol was the dumbest shit I ever said. Of course, I use it when I'm on the job entertaining clients of my targets, but truthfully, I don't drink. Especially when it comes to alcohol. Alcohol reminded me of my past when it came to Order. They use alcohol and sedatives to give them to the girls before they rape them.

The memory of my past had brought me to the scene with Eva when she forcefully put the alcohol into my mouth before the effect occurred. It's why I didn't fight against Hugo when he forced himself on me. I felt still like a doll being used as his plaything.

It was disgusting. Horrendous. And now I can avenge him and the Order for using me as a tool for their so-called kingdom.

I never knew drinking beer could make me feel this way. My whole body is feeling hot and shaky. I look around the room, unsure if I'm going in the right direction.

I only drank two, and I'm already tipsy. "Shit, where's the bathroom?" I mutter.

Still figuring out where to go, I lean against the hallway wall and fan myself.

"Terry?"

Hearing a familiar voice, I slowly turn to find the man I have not seen for a while. I smile at him, a broad grin on my face.

"Well, well, lookie here," I giggle and hiccup. I arch my back and tilt my head to the side, pointing at him like he has been caught doing something illegal. "Seth Wolfe, you...you are such a meanie."

"Are you drunk?" he asks in such worry.

I stare at him blankly and giggle some more like a little girl.

This has never happened to me before. I randomly picked up the beer bottle because of the conversation with Effie, and the topic was about the man standing in front of me.

"Maybe," I giggle and breathe when I frown. "You ignored me. I know I said some things you didn't want to hear. But don't ignore me."

I'm saying some nonsense to him. Is it because of the alcohol? But beer is supposed to have a tiny bit of alcohol. The first bottle didn't affect me, but the moment I drank the second bottle. This is where I am today. Drunk.

The second bottle wasn't beer but something else. The taste is the same but affects my drinking tolerance differently.

"I'll be good, I promise," I say in a purr. Saying that makes my stomach churn. It reminded me of my childhood when I begged Hugo to stop.

"Come on, let's get you some water," before he can walk past me. I grab his wrist.

I use my strength and push him to the other side of me. A surprising look falls upon him as I cage him with both arms. His face turns away the moment I stare at him.