chapter twenty-three.

Start from the beginning

He pays attention to my every need. His hands don't miss a single inch of my skin, and the words he speaks to me leave me feeling like a damn puddle on his sheets.

His fingers finally tug off my panties, leaving me completely naked in front of him. He pulls off his pajamas and boxers in one sweep, coming back over me and kissing me sloppily.

His kisses are lazier, and his hands are more purposeful as his thumb circles my clit. I can't help the moan that escapes my lips, my breath catching.

"Zayn," I whisper out softly, his tongue pleasuring my left nipple now. His abs are glistening with the small layer of sweat coating his skin, and I can't help but notice how perfect he is.

My hands tug at his hair as his head dives between my thighs, his lips pleasuring me exactly as I need. His hands push my legs apart, keeping me relatively immobile. His tongue swirls and sucks expertly, causing me to move needily against his mouth. 

His lips feel amazing, but it's not enough anymore. I grab his face and pull him to look at me. "More," I say.

He understands, his eyes full of lust and a lazy smirk on his lips. His teeth rip open the package, and he slips on the condom while I kiss along his jaw, the stubble there poking my skin.

Normally I'd be scared. I wouldn't want to be this intimate with someone, but Zayn makes me feel safe and sexy, and yeah, he's sexy too.

His eyes find mine as he positions himself and pushes inside me. He's gentle at first, almost as if asking if I'm okay. I nod softly, our lips touching again as he finds the perfect pace.

His hand focused on my nipples moves to my neck, lifting my face to look at him again. "Eyes on me," he says darkly, squeezing lightly.

I try to keep my eyes open, but the pleasure is overwhelming, especially when his hand moves to my clit, making me moan loudly.

He smirks, watching as my hands pull at his bedsheets and my eyes roll back. Our bodies move in sync, my hips rocking in time with his thrusting. We move like we've done this a million times before as if we've always known exactly how to please each other. Zayn's hands tangle into my hair, pulling softly. Our eyes connect again and soon enough, my climax practically sends me off this planet.

I moan his name loudly as I ride out my orgasm. He continues fucking me slowly through my orgasm, finding his release shortly after. We both go limp, Zayn's body slumping beside mine as the aftermath of our orgasms consumes us.

Holy shit.

We don't say anything for a few minutes, simply too exhausted to acknowledge one another. I find myself rolling over to him, my arm lazily draping over his torso.

As soon as our skin touches, his arms grab me and pull me to him, my back pressed against his chest, and he holds me in his arms.

"So damn perfect," he mutters against my neck, kissing the skin there.

I have never felt so at peace with someone in my life. In the short time I've known him, he's become all-consuming, and every moment I spend with him makes our connection that much stronger.

I've never been in love. I don't know what it feels like, but I know that I'm falling for this man much faster than I anticipated.

He practically waltzed into my life, flipping it upside down in the best way possible. I never had examples of true love in my life. My parents were a disaster. None of my grandparents stayed married. Hell, the only evidence I have of it are my twenty-one-year-old college friends.

Lying here in Zayn's arms, I know that it's the only place I want to be. With him, right here, right now.

For now, that's enough.

---

It's nearly sunrise when I wake to Zayn's phone ringing loudly. He grumbles, and his arms leave my waist as he rolls over to pick up his phone.

"Hello?" He says, his voice low and raspy from sleep.

I can't hear what is said on the other end, but whatever it is makes Zayn's face pale and his eyes go dark with anger.

"I accept," he says, turning away from me and pulling on his boxers before going into the bathroom.

What the hell?

I slip on one of Z's t-shirts and fiddle with my hands, trying to distract myself so I don't eavesdrop on his conversation. He clearly wants it to be private.

I can hear him shout something, a cuss word maybe, and then a crash. He opens the door, scowling.

"Who was that?" I ask.

He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself before walking back towards the bed and sitting against the headboard.

"My father," he says bitterly.

"He called you from prison? I thought Adelaide told you not to talk to him." I try not to sound too judgemental, but she had said that, and I was worried for him.

He sighs. "I know, I just- I had to tell him to leave me the fuck alone. I didn't even let him get a word in."

I scooch closer to him and take his hand in mine, tracing his veins and offering the most comfort I can.

"Do you know when you'll find out yet?" I ask after a few moments of silence.

He shakes his head. "Adelaide thinks it'll be within the month, but I don't know. I'm hoping he gets into a fight or something so they won't even consider releasing him early." He jokes.

I stroke his cheek with my thumb, smiling softly. "It's gonna be okay, and even if it's not, I'll be here regardless."

He looks down to face me, his eyes swarming with unfamiliar emotions. It's almost too intense, the way he's looking at me. He kisses me slowly, his finger stroking the outline of my jaw.

When we pull apart, he sighs. "Thank you."

I nod once, smiling. We wrap ourselves up together again and spend the rest of the morning watching cartoons, napping, and cuddling.

I know he's trying to appear like this isn't affecting him, but I can feel his energy shift, and I know he's endlessly paranoid about his father's release.

All I can do is provide him comfort and reassurance when he wants it.

I just hope he doesn't let this pain take over because if it does, it won't end well. 

---
author's note-

Happy Sunday :) Things are about to get... interesting. Let me know what you guys think gonna happen next. Thank you so much for reading. I appreciate you <3