The qualities of a knight

I'm sorta back. Random inspiration hit me and decided to get back into writing. I missed it a lot honestly. This is a sorta another boring chapter but I promise the next chapter (Which is almost finished) is a lot better. We're not past the half way point of the movie as well!

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean? I'm not a knight." I said, looking at the old piece of armor, then back at him.

"You're a soldier Miss Witwicky, your a modern day knight in some aspects." He said and looked towards Viviane. "Miss Viviane, the qualities of a knight, if you please."

Viviane raised her eyebrow at him, looking between Cade, Edmond and I. "Qualities of a knight, purity of heart, valor, honor, virtue, integrity."

They where all qualities that I had developed from being in the army over the years as well as before. 

"You see Miss Witwicky, you are just a modern version of a knight." Edmond said with a smirk on his face when he noticed I realised that I was.

I looked away from him and down at the table. it had some marking I recognized from being around the Autobots for so long. Along with that, large peace's where missing from probably both war and old age. "What is this anyway. It doesn't look like something from the medieval ages. It looks almost Cybertonian." I said running my hands over it.

"Your exactly right. It's a puzzle I've been working on for some time. My entire life, actually." Edmond said as he looked over the large table.

"And what do these glyphs say about it?" Vivian said, now looking over at the symbols.

"They're old Cybertonian. A mantra whispered though the cosmos. 'Seglass ni Tonday.'" Edmond said.

"Wait a minute. I've heard that before." I said looking away from the table and up at him. "There was a knight who I tried to save. He said that to me when he tired to give me the talisman. What does it mean?"

"With your dying breath, protect the staff." Edmond said and I looked at him confused.

"Ok, this is ridiculous." Vivian said, stepping back a bit before Cogman walked up behind her and putting her hand on the table.

The whole table lit up blue, while the swords that sat on it started to float. She quickly puller her hand away in shock. The swords fell back down and the blue glow disappeared.

I looked at the table wide eye and then looked between Edmond and the table. 

"They had their name for it. We have ours." He said, still looking down at the table.

"The staff of Merlin." Viviane said who started to sound like she was believing more and more of what was happening. 

"Bequeathed to him by an alien race. Fused with his DNA. So that only he would have the key to unlock its alien power. Or as they knew it in those days, magic." Edmond said, looking up at Viviane. 

"The staff was buried with Merlin's body. A thousand years we've kept it hidden. If it ever fell into the wrong hands, it would mean the imminent destruction of everything we know and love. The 12 guardian knights combine into a mighty dragon to protect it. And now it is in great danger." He said, sitting down and crossing his fingers together, resting his elbows on the arms of the chair.

I looked away from the table and looked toward Cade. "Megatron. He's been looking for this." I said, feeling the warm metal of the talisman under my shirt, as I put my hand over it. "That why he and the Decepticons have been after me this time." 

Edmond nodded his head. "It is why they're here, Why they keep coming back to Earth. We must claim the staff before its to late."

"Only a direct descendant of Merlin himself can weld this instrument of absolute power. And you, miss Viviane are merlin's last descendant here on Earth, and as such, are our last hope." He then looked towards me.