✰ this world is a psych ward (chap. 9) ✰

Tears. Screams. Guilt. Questions. Memories. Everything went through you right now.

Right at this moment right now, you felt empty, shattered into a million pieces. That one piece that you needed for surviving, lost somewhere.

All those nice, calm, relaxing, comforting, now painful memories, piling up now.

>> I can tell you how he died.<< a voice behind you said.

>>why would I want to know?<<

>>for your entertainment. I know you want to know.<< the woman, who called herself Xiao's mother, talked with such coldness in her voice. It seemed like she doesn't even care about you. It looks like she was forced into this.

You stayed quiet.

>> you were not in this reality for 4 years, << she started talking, >>in that time Xiao was lost. He got attached to you in that short 1 month. You know... No one talked to my son. He told me people don't even want to sit next to him. And then one day he calls and says he made a friend. And that was... You Y/N. Then you two even started dating! Young folks are so crazy... But y'all were in love. We could see it. Anyone could. That look in your eyes was just... Different.<< she took a long break before continuing the story.

You just listened. Sitting in front of the grave of your loved one.

The woman sighed and continued >>while you were gone he joined his dad's business. You know... I and his dad are divorced now. Hmph. We got divorced while you were gone. It shattered him even more.

Y/N.

Xiao...

Killed himself.<< she was done.

Killed himself...
Killed himself...

>>no... He did not. I do not believe it.<<
You protested.

>>he thought you will never wake up. He lost his hope he-<< blah blah from that woman that started to get on your nerves.

>>HE DID NOT KILL HIMSELF. I KNOW HE DIDN'T. I FEEL IT. HE IS NOT EVEN DEAD PROBAB-<< you screamed. Lots of screaming today.

>>YOUNG WOMAN. YOU CAN SEE HIS FUCKING GRAVE IN FRONT OF YOU. HE. IS. DEAD.<< the woman started tearing up too.

>> I am going.<< you said and then ran away.

You heard some screams from behind you. The woman was screaming questions, things you should not do, places you should not go to.... Nothing logical.

Rushing away from the grave. From the pain.

you know Xiao is alive. You just... Know it.

--------------------------

After about an hour of running, walking, running, walking, running...

You came to the place you wanted to check.

The cottage. It was real. Not a dream.