~14~

𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

Today was the day that Celine had her final competition for the European championships. The last chance to get the title. It was a Sunday morning when Charles and I were sat in front of the tv in my room. We decided to watch together. The 6 final woman were from different countries, Germany, Netherlands, England, Belgium, Spain and of course France. They all set place on the track. Celine had the best results so she got the fourth lane. The presentator went by every person telling a bit.

Presentator: "Celine Louise Vivienne Elodie Laurent, the 20 year old Monegasque moved to France when she a teenager and started her top career there. She won the gold medal on the olympics in Tokyo and recently broke the world record on the 10.000 meters. A girl with a lot of potential."

Charles sat next to me in full excitement just like me. The first sign was given making the girls pop up their legs. A gun shot was heard and off they went. In a few seconds time Celine already made a huge distant between the others. They zoomed in on Celine her face. She looked exhausted and like she could break down any minute. Luckily it was one round and she crossed the line with another world record. Charles and I jumped up cheering! World record on the 400 meter and the European Championships winner! She fell down on the ground and her eyes closed. We both froze and looked at the screen. This wasn't right... I looked over at Charles. His face was frozen and stuck on the tv.
////////////////////////////////////////////////

𝙲𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎  𝚙𝚘𝚟

My body hit the ground as soon as I came over the finish line. I was done. No energy left in my body. Everything became black for a good minute, no sounds coming into my ears and when I was back to seeing and hearing my personal medic was already sat next to me. She helped me drink some water with sugar and helped me up to sit on the side of the ring against a wall. I let my head rest against the wall as people around me were cheering and clapping at something. I looked around taking in my surroundings. My eyes met the huge screen with the time:

1st.    C.Laurent.    16.    WR.   42.76S.    France.

A laugh rolled of my lips as tears rolled from my eyes. My hands covered my cheeks as it sunk in. 2 world records, an gold Olympic medal, European championship winner 2021. All of this in 1 year! Holy moly. This was unbelievable. I looked at my trainer and coach who were laughing at my reacting. I stood up not caring about how tired I actually was. I jumped into their arms and softly whispered a thank you but hard enough for them to hear me. Tears rolled of my cheeks. I got handed a French flag and wrapped it around my shoulders. A fist up in the air. People started cheering and clapping for me. I wiped away my tears as we left track and I went into a small private room. I locked the door and opened my phone and immediately face timed Charles.

Charles: "Hey Champ!"

Celine: "you watched?"

Carlos: "we made sure that we were free."

Celine: "that's so sweet!"

Charles: "how are you feeling?"

Celine: "not to great. My body has no energy left. They literally held me while coming here. Gonna take a nap before the medal ceremony. What about you guys? Excited for the race?"

Charles: "yes. Hope I can make you proud."

Celine: "you always make me proud Char."

We smiled at each other before my eyes closed and I fell asleep. My body giving up.
////////////////////////////////////////////////

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

Celine her eyes closed and her talking stopped. Strands that fell out of her ponytail falling over her face, her freckles dancing over her tanned face and her eyelashes perfectly curled without her trying. I made a screenshot of her before I just stared at her. A tap on my shoulder made me get out of my trans.

Carlos: "we have to warm up for the race.

Charles: "yea. Give me a sec."

I ended the call before texting Celine:

You fell asleep, wanted to stay but need to race :((! Call you after luv.

I locked my phone and walked placed it in my room before going to Andrea to warm up for the race. Saudi Arabia... one more race and then winter break! Spending time with Celine... and family and friends of course. Warming up went by fast and before I knew it I was sat in the car waiting for lights out as the formation lap just ended. First light on, second on, third on, fourth on, fifth on..... OUT! My foot hit the throttle and before I knew it I climbed 2 places up to P3. Smooth start. Always nice. We turned into the first turn and behind me the cars lost track of us.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
Lewis and Max he touched what made them retire form the race. Great for me as I was now up at P1. The finish line was in sight and within 3 seconds I crossed it. P1! yes! I started screaming over the radio and cooled down the car before I climbed out and stood on the hall with my fist in the air just like Celine did when she found out she won. After I jumped off I hugged the crew before taking of my helmet. I looked behind me to find Pierre Gasly and Carlos Sainz in second and third! Double podium for Ferrari! Hell yea! After a short interview and being weighted I walked into the cool down room. My phone was already brought there and my phone was ringing. I looked at the callers ID and saw Celine her name. I accepted the call and Celine her face soon appeared on my screen.

Celine: "AH YOU DID IT! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!"

Charles: "thank you Lin."

Celine: "say congrats to Carlos from me! And also Pierre."

The boys appeared behind me by the mention of their names. They both waved at Celine with a smile on their faces.

Celine: "Congrants boys! Great job!"

Carlos: "thnx Eli!"

Pierre: "thank you Celine! Great job with the Europeans by the way!"

Celine: "thanks Pierre! I'm gonna go. You guys need to get on the podium! Good luck boys!"

We all said bye before she hung up the phone and we walked out onto the podium.

(1093 words)