Chapter 39 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

Without any warning, Vihaan held her waist and perched her on the desk earning a small yelp from Aarohi.

"What the hell!?" She shrieked with a small chuckle, her hands extending to hold his shoulders.

"Interesting." He said in an amused tone.

"This.... position is interesting?" She asked uncertainly looking between them, her legs dangling from the edge and touching his knees and his fingers lingering on her waist over the top.

"I was talking about your theory of trying something different but since you've pointed out, this too is interesting." Vihaan smirked making her eyes go wide.

"Put me down and let's- let's go to sleep." She managed to speak when one of his hand left her waist and went down to trace her calf muscle.

Vihaan put his head on her lap, his light stubble irritating her naked skin since she was wearing shorts. Her breath hitched when his hand on her waist made its way under her shirt and his fingers started tracing patterns over her soft skin, sending a shiver down her spine.

"I'm tired." He mumbled, the hand on her calf trailing upwards to the side of her thigh.

"You've been working a lot these days." Aarohi said in a small voice, her hand raking through his silky hair as she bent down and placed a kiss on top of his head. Her heart almost skipped a beat when she felt his lips kissing her upper thigh sneakily. Her toes pushed against his knees as the sensation of his touch over her skin was burning her in a way that made her crave more. His touch was sinfully addicting. Not wanting to stop his rough fingers trailing on her warm skin but also not wanting herself to get swayed away, she looked for a distraction when her eyes caught his diary beside her.

Aarohi picked up his dairy and started going through it. Missing her fingers running through his hair, Vihaan looked up. His hands locking itself around the small of her back.

"I make note of important dates or appointments in it mostly." Vihaan said, watching how she flipped pages sparing a quick glance over them. Aarohi stopped turning the pages when her eyes fell on a particular picture that had her entire attention instantly.

"Who's this?" She questioned, snapping her head towards him.

Vihaan went onto explain about how he found the picture, how Mom told him that they're Dad's younger brother and wife who died in a plane crash.

"Oh.." Aarohi murmured. "You look eerily similar to the lady!" She exclaimed looking at the dimples of the woman smiling gleefully in the photo.

"Kevin told the same." Vihaan stated.

Something about the picture disturbed her. The familiarity was hard to not notice. Different thoughts made their way in her mind. Not wanting to dwell on them much and stressing herself or Vihaan, she diverted the topic and kept the picture back between the pages.

"It's almost 2 am Vihaan." Aarohi said looking at the clock in front of her on the wall. "Today is Sunday and we had decided to go to the orphanage."

"I remember." He sighed. "And I also remember that you told you've a surprise for me before we go. I'm still dying out of curiosity to know what have you planned."

She raised her right palm in front of him and perked her chin. "Patience child, patience. All in due time," she said dramatically and he shook his head at her antics.