Chapter Nine

Virgil's POV

"I guess we should head back," Roman tells me. 

"I'll take you home," he adds. I nod and we walk a few steps before getting ready to take off. I get a chill and look around. It's just the breeze but it reminds me of Killer Cold's power. Just as Roman lifts off the ground I suck in a sharp breath because of who I see in the distance. Far enough we might have a chance to run if we leave now. 

"What's-" he starts to say but stops. "Virgil. Isn't that?" he asks. 

"Yeah. Jumper. We have to go!" I say panicked. He looks at me and nods. We turn and get ready to fly away but as soon as we do Jumper is in front of us. 

"Hello little brother," Jumper says to me. 

"I'm not your brother," I say in return. 

"Go!" I say pushing Roman away. "I'm not leaving you!" he says. Damn it all! We're just teenagers. We aren't ready to go up against a Villain. He must know this.

"No you're not handsome," Jumper says. Then she's gone. She appears behind Roman and kicks the back of his leg making him fall to his knee. The she puts her arm around his neck. She quickly pulls out a syringe and stabs it into his neck only for the needle to break. "Invulnerability huh? Oh well," she says dropping the needle. Roman attempts to elbow her, likely using his super strength but she disappears again. He stands up and immediately goes back to back with me. I look around and don't spot her at first. 

"Shit," Roman mumbles. I turn just enough to see him trying to pull his leg free. I turn to look around us and spot Deathstorm and Killer Cold standing with Jumper. I freeze as I glance back at Roman to see almost his entire body trapped in ice. 

"Let him go," I tell Killer Cold.

"Not a chance," Killer Cold says. What do I do now? 

"Virgil," Roman whispers, "I've activated my tracker." I glance back at him. He knows we'll be taken. At least with the tracker we have a chance. 

"Come with us of your own will son or I shatter your boyfriend here," Killer Cold tells me. I look at him darkly before standing down. There are witnesses standing around watching this go down. Everyone most likely know who these famous Villains are so they'll tell the authorities. Hopefully. Who knows what my evil parents and sister have planned. 

"Whatever happens. Don't tell them who you are," I tell Roman barely loud enough for him to hear. I glance at him and he nods just barely. 

"Take them," Deathstorm barks at her Jumper. Jumper walks over and puts a kind of handcuffs on me. I feel my powers disappear. I look over at Roman when the ice breaks.

Jumper puts another pair of what I assume are power dampening cuffs on Roman. Killer Cold walks over to me with a syringe. Deathstorm walks over to Roman with one. At the same time they stab us in the neck. It takes a moment but I start to feel drowsy. 

"Virgil..." Roman says softly. 

"Princey," I say avoiding using his name. Then I slump forward into Jumper's arms. All the strength has left my body but I can still kind of hear. 

"You won't get away with this," I hear Roman mumble. 

"Oh sweetheart. We already have," Deathstorm says. I feel someone reach into my pocket for my phone which they then pull out. Another moment passes before I fully black out.

I'm not sure how long I was out but I finally start to wake up. I feel like crap. I groan at the slight ache in my body. It's kind of cold. More so underneath me. I assume I'm laying on concrete.