Chapter Eight

Roman's POV

I sit next to Virgil on the table and hold his hand as we continue talking. Hours pass and before I know it it's starting to get dark. 

"I guess we should head back," I tell him. 

"I'll take you home," I add. He nods and we walk a few steps before getting ready to take off. Right as I lift off the ground I get a chill. I hear Virgil suck in a sharp breath. 

"What's-" I start to say as I turn to him but stop when I see his face. He looks worried looking in the distance. I look in the same direction and see a woman. She has a crazed smile on her face as she stares right at us. She looks to be talking on the phone. 

"Virgil. Isn't that?" I ask. 

"Yeah. Jumper. We have to go!" He says panicked. I look at him and nod. We turn and get ready to fly away but as soon as we do Jumper is in front of us. 

"Hello little brother," Jumper says to Virgil. 

"I'm not your brother," Virgil says in return. "Go!" Virgil says pushing me away. 

"I'm not leaving you!" I say even though I know. It would be better if I got a Hero.

We're just teenagers. We aren't ready to go up against a Villain. 

"No your not handsome," Jumper says. Then she's gone. She appears behind me and puts her arm around my neck after kicking the back of my leg. I fall to my knee. She quickly pulls out a syringe and stabs it into my neck only for the needle to break. 

"Invulnerability huh? Oh well," she says dropping the needle. I try to elbow her using my super strength but she disappears again. I stand up and immediately go back to back with Virgil. Before I can do anything else I feel something creeping up my leg. I look down to see ice. 

"Shit," I mumble as I try to pull my leg free. We're going to be taken. The ice quickly rushes up my thighs. Unsure what else to do I reach into my pocket for my tracker. It looks like a pen so they likely won't think to take it. I push the top and feel it vibrate once in response. I quickly pull my hand out of my pocket as the ice continues to cover my body.

Virgil freezes and lowly says for whoever trapped me to let me go. 

"Not a chance," a voice says. I'm able to turn my head so I see Killer Cold approaching. 

"Virgil," I whisper, "I've activated my tracker." He glances back at me and seems to understand what I'm trying to say. I showed it to him earlier when he asked about me carrying a pen around. 

"Come with us of your own will son or I shatter your boyfriend here," Killer Cold tells Virgil. Virgil looks absolutely murderously at him before standing down. There are witnesses standing around watching this go down. I could break through this ice but I don't see what good that would do. 

"Whatever happens. Don't tell them who you are," Virgil tells me barely loud enough for me to hear. He glances at me and I nod just barely. 

"Take them," Deathstorm barks at her daughter. Jumper walks over and puts a kind of handcuffs on Virgil.

The ice breaks and she puts another pair on me. Instantly I feel my powers vanish. Killer Cold walks over to Virgil with a syringe. Deathstorm walks over to me with one. At the same time they stab us in the neck. It takes a moment but I begin to feel drowsy. 

"Virgil..." I say softly. 

"Princey," he says avoiding using my name. He slumps forward into Jumpers arms. 

"You won't get away with this," I mumble. 

"Oh sweetheart. We already have," Deathstorm says as she pulls my phone out of my back pocket. Jumper pulls out Virgil's and they throw them to the ground. It takes another moment or two before I too slump forward.