Chapter Four

Roman's POV

I wake up to my brother banging on my bedroom door. 

"Wake up Roman! If you want a ride to school!" he yells. It's been a month since school started. A month since Virgil was placed in a group with me, Logan and Patton. 

"I'm coming!" I say climbing out of bed. He stops banging and I hear his loud footsteps leaving. I quickly get dressed and then go to brush my teeth. I showered last night. After grabbing my backpack I make sure to lock my door. Then I head downstairs to grab my training clothes from the dryer. 

"What the fuck?" I say as I pull out my once white shirt. It's pink. "Remus!" I exclaim. All I hear in return is maniacal laughing. "Mom! Remus did something to my clothes!" I call out to her. I hear her footsteps approaching. As she gets closer I pull out the rest of my ruined clothes. 

"Oh my goodness! Remus!" my mom yells when she sees them. 

"Yes my wonderful, loving mother?" he asks as he appears behind her.

"You're grounded for messing with your brother's clothes. Straight home after school," she tells him. 

"Yes mommy," Remus says and smiles at me before leaving. 

"That's it?" I ask her. 

"I'll take you shopping for clothes after school," she says with a sympathetic smile. 

"Promise?" I ask her. 

"Promise," she tells me. Thankfully I had laid out my clothes last night and I lock my door when I'm asleep or not here. Hopefully Coach will let me pass on the dress code today. Thank the gods it's Friday. 

"Come on boys," my mom says as she grabs her purse. My brother and I follow our mom outside to the SUV. We all climb in and she drives us to school. The whole drive there I have a frown on my face. I'm tired of my brother always messing with me and always getting away with it. That or getting off easy. Just once I'd like him to know what it feels like to have his stuff messed up. Breathe Roman.

We pull up to the school. 

"I'll see you after school," I tell my mom and she nods. Remus jumps out first and goes off who knows where. 

"Shopping. Right after school. I'll pick you up," she tells me and I nod. I climb out and shut the door. I spot Logan and Patton in front of the school. 

"Good morning," Logan says. He saw me first. 

"Yeah good mo- or not. What's wrong Ro?" Patton says turning to me. I tell him what happened and complain that it feels like my whole day's been ruined. 

"Don't be so pouty," I hear my brother say from behind me. I turn to him and glare. 

"Go away. Go hang out with Janus," I tell him. 

"Aww but I want to hang out with my big brother," he says hugging me sideways. I roll my eyes. 

"You ruined half my clothes. I don't want to even look at you," I tell him and shrug him off. 

"So mean," he mutters but let's go. I turn back to my friends but my brother stays in place looking behind me.

"Today is totally going to suc-" I start to say with a frown but I cut myself off and smile. 

"Hey Virgil," I say happily. "Charlie," I add. 

"Hey Princey," Virgil says with his own small smile. My smile grows when I hear his nickname for me. He came up with it a couple weeks ago. We were all hanging out after school. Me, Virgil, Logan, Patton, Janus, Charlie and Remus. I was messing around pretending to be all regal and he chuckled and said it suits me. He said I look like a prince and act like one so that was my new name.