Part:01 (18 years later)

[ Story on Shehnaaz's POV]

Time flies so fast. It has been 18 years since my papa died . I am 23 years old now with a job of treating my people.

Yes! I started practicing as a paid doctor. And about my age? I was a premature student from the very beginning. Age of my people are actually just in 4th year of College but I am here which might shock you. But it is as it is.

"Shehnaaz,where's my medicine ?" my mother asked making a cute pout.

Love that!

Bringing it to her, I hugged her taking deep breaths.

"Shehnaaz? " my mother asked frowning her eyebrows as she doubted right. I was tensed.

Not tensed but actually a bit nervous as it was my first day in hospital. What if people laugh on me for my young age? Would they trust me? Can I serve them like I always dreamt? These questions were eating me up brutally but me being the ultimate introvert & feeling hider decided to not make my mumma worry.

But a mother is mother. She kissed on my forehead lovingly.

"My daughter is going to be the most trustworthy doctor of this city " she said patting my cheeks.

I blushed hiding myself more into her hug & stayed there till someone pulled my hair harshly.

I knew who it was & thus automatically my tears started brimming making my mother beg too, "Sukh, please leave her"

The drunken guy didn't. He grabbed my neck instead & banged it on the bed side table making a good amount of blood oozing out from my forehead.

He hates me. Hates me BECAUSE my father's blood is flowing in my little worthless body.

"Daughter? No. You are a bloody idiotic step daughter who's carrying the dirty blood of your father!" he had said it one day when I wanted my rights of being his daughter. Sorry, step daughter.

My mother's only mistake was to falling for this demon & trusting his sugarcoated promises of accepting us both.
But I don't blame her for this.

I just accepted my life & living here just for my mother's sake.

Her paralysed legs don't permit me to leave her alone with this demon.

"Wh..at?" I asked timidly holding my forehead.

"Why the f*ck didn't you pay the house rent??That m*otherfucker owner is shouting on me!!?" he replied in his casual venomous tone.

Without wasting anytime I pulled my purse out & wanted to hand him over the rent but he snatched my purse.

"Sukh, She has to go to the hospital. Can you leave the travel fare atleast? " my mother begged to him.

On reply he was about to slap her too my I stood between & his hand burned my back.

"Its okay. You can keep all that. Plea..please... Don't.. ha..rm..." I said with my shivering voice.

"Bitches " he left saying.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||

My experience of first day on the hospital healed my heart & removed the bad memories of my home today.

My seniors were satisfied with my work while the patients were Impressed.

I couldn't stop blushing which my mother gawked with a smile.

"My child was great too, wasn't she?" she asked sitting on the dinning table while I was cooking dinner for us.

My blush answered her as using words more often is not in my nature.

I had cooked all her favourite dishes to celebrate my little joy. "All my favourite! Thank you darling " she exclaimed like a kid on which I smiled only.

Nights are my favourite so of my mother's As the demon stays out of the house this time. So none was there to disturb our mother-daughter moment.
I keep thanking Allah for this much mercy.

" How's your wound,my baby?" Mother suddenly asked holding my hands & looking at my forehead.

Painful.
Very painful!

"Its healing, mumma" I made an answer & continued eating while my long eyelashes helped me to hide my moist eyes.

"Leave the house " she stated in cold tone.

"Mumma?"

"Hell is not for the angel, baby. You have a fine job now. Why don't you just flee away & settle down? "

"They'll find us. Why do you want things to get worst?" I said in my ever low tone.

"I can't let Sukh choose your groom!!! I Won't let that happen. " she yelled on me or maybe on our fate.

"I am getting married... T..the next...week..." I said smiling on my destinity.

"What? Did that bastard say it? With Whom??? Shehnaaz I am asking something!!! With whom that bastard thought to get you Married?! "

I couldn't answer the question. How can a daughter say it to her mother that she's getting married with a corrupted police whom the whole city hate for his lustful behaviour towards women?

That demon needed money & the police? He needed my body. A perfect deal Between two inhumans.

And i am letting this happen because...
1..They both agreed on my term to keep my mother with me evn after the marriage

2.My father has finally agreed to leave my mother( after the marriage)

3. "It's way better to get pregnant without getting married " that same police guy had told me this.

4.Nobody can scape away from this man.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Doing my regular prayers I went to mother's room with her type of a cup of tee.

She was looking different. Eyes had tears but of happiness.

"Guess who's coming back?" she explained with a big force of joy making me happy too.

Her joy, my happiness.

"Siddharth Sheikh.... The mighty of the town is coming back!!!!!!!! " her happiness flased harder.

But my heart? It flinched hearing the name. This name has so much power in it, i always knew.

People chant this name with fear, with trust, with respect & even with love.

But the amount of respect I have for this name is quite much than any other people.

Reason?

I studied in - Sheikh School
Our colony was : Seikh Women Colony
My College was : Sheikh Medical College
My hospital's name is : Sheikh Hospital & Service

Last but not the least he had saved my mother & me that night.

"May Allah bless him" my mother said looking at the newspaper.

"Ameen" my heart said.