Chapter 23- Deep

“Leave her alone, Mariam.” Blessing said as soon as Tomiwa stepped out. Because anytime soon, she's coming right after me.

She rolled her eyes, sighing in defeat. Like… Where is my best friend and what have they done to her?

I know she isn't going to stop, and I have to get prepared for what she is going to do to me. Just don't pray she isn't killing me. That's so unnecessary.

Our math teacher entered the class as everyone went silent. I'm seriously not desiring classes now. I'm just tired.

I rested my head on the table as sleep took over all of a sudden.

****

My sleep was disturbed by a useless…someone. The class should have ended by now. I rose my head up and our math teacher was standing in front of me.

I'm in big trouble.

“Young lady, stand up.” Mrs Williams ordered.

“I'm so sorry, ma. I didn't just sleep well last night.” It wasn't really a lie. But can I complain?

I quickly stood up without hesitation and inhaled deeply. What if Tomiwa actually passes and sees me standing? What would he say? That I'm never ever going to change, but always get punished for everything? I should really stop thinking negative about what he is going to think or say. But it just feels so embarrassing.

The major issue is actually what he sees me as. I haven't had any good feeling that this thing we are doing may not end up well, but we are still giving it a try.

I tried my best to keep focus on these math after Mrs. Williams asked me to sit down.

My mind goes back to my past life when I dated Liam, and he shattered me into pieces, even if I didn't fall for him at first. I hate him so much. Why is he even coming to this school? They should actually fire his father.

But today, I'm so happy to have someone else in my life. Someone so loving. Someone that gets nervous, which makes his Adam's apple bubble up and down. Someone who gets jealous. Someone like Tomiwa.

“Miss Young, don't make me punish you the second time.” She said putting my last name with it.

I nodded. She resumed with her teaching. When will this period end?

The bell rang, and I felt relieved when Mrs Williams stepped out of the class. I would finally rest my head in peace. I really am dizzy, and I don't know the cause. It can't be what happened this morning, when I have gone through more than this.

My eyes went to Mariam's. Her eyebrows are furrowed. Forehead scrunched up. Before she thinks that I'm stalking her, I diverted my attention from her.

“It's time for economics, and the man is waiting for us in SS2.” Opeyemi informed us.

I groaned the second time. I wanted to avoid having any class for the whole of today. I feel so sick now, but at the same time happy that I would get to see Tomiwa again.

I stood up from my seat, reaching my bag to bring out my economics project before heading towards the door and then found my way to SS2 class.

He noticed me, I know he did, but he decided not to look at my direction.

Stupid boy.

Mr. Nelson voice pulled me out of my thoughts, making me divert my attention from him.

“Does anyone have any contribution?” Mr. Nelson asked.

“Actually, yes sir.” The class went silent as everyone turned to look at Mariam raising her hand up.