CHAPTER 7- To New Friendships

It's been a week now, and I have been really going along well with Tomiwa. From the look of things, he isn't all that bad. I thought he was being rude and annoying.

Yes, he was quite annoying but I myself was rude to him. But at the end of the day he was so nice to me, so caring. But the main problem is Isaac. He has been distressing me for the past few weeks now. He always tries to get around me. It was freaking annoying the way he always follows me. Not only that, but he's always trying to get my attention.

Yesterday I decided to ask him if he was into me, and surprisingly he said yes. Then I had to tell him and also confront him that I didn't like him, that I liked someone else. Which I don't know if it's a lie or not.  That we can also be friends.

Then with that he understood and backed away.

Today is literally Saturday, and I don't know what I'm going to be doing today. We aren't even allowed to step outside for the main time. Or maybe I'll spend sometime in the hostel.

Well, I don't care I need some fresh air.

Coming out of the hostel, I went upstairs to the school's compound. When I finally found a class to go to, I went to the window side collecting some fresh air. It was really satisfying.

Inhaling the breeze, suddenly I hear a familiar voice at the back of me. “What are you doing in one of the classes all alone?”

I could hear his footsteps coming closer and closer.

Of course, Tomiwa.

“I came to collect fresh air. What are you doing here?” I turned towards him folding my arms on my chest.

“Nothing, just passing by.” He said earning a smirk from me.

“Aren't you supposed to be in the hostel?” I asked.

“Oh. I know. Got bored.” He broke the words down.

“Okay.” I nodded.

“Yeah.” He mumbled.

It still feels a little weird talking to him like this. Specially when he is coming too close like what he is doing right now.

“Could I use this time to stay here?” He stepped closer.

“No of course not. I need some space. Now get out.” Oh great, now I sound like my brother.

“But I'm bored.” He pouted still taking closer steps.

“Don't you have friends? I guess they would reduce the boredom for you.” I eyed him.

“What if I say I want to stay here?” He took another step.

“Then I'll... Don't.” I used my palm to hold his chest, so he wouldn't move any closer.

“What?” He whispered.

Oh. My. God.

Fan, fan!!

“Don't… Come any clo… closer.” I stuttered. His proximity was not giving me any time to think straight but making me insane. I haven't even gotten the courage to talk freely with him as yet. He does this all the time, and he knows how it affects me so badly. Not that I have feelings for him or anything.

If he should come any closer again, I swear I'll run mad.

He smirked at my nervousness, making me more nervous. He stepped one more time, but before he could,

I pushed him.

“Sorry.” I whispered.

“You are doing it again Moyin.”

“Well it's not my fault that you are always flirting.” I scrunch my nose. He didn't say anything other than rolling his eyes and walking away. Why is he so stubborn.

+++++++

“Ye…yes he was literally s.. so irritating.” I said in between laughter. We were literally talking about the video we just finished watching two hours ago.

“Can you remember the part where the man was like he wasn't going to marry till he dies?” Blessing said which made me frown.

“I didn't even watch that part.” Ope frowned.

“You guys stop making noise nowww.” Our house mistress stress the word 'now', which she earned a groan from blessing.

“Are you people not supposed to be reading. You guys don't know anything other than gisting, Abi?” She growled at us.

Don't waste your strength.

Sighing in relief, when they finally kept quiet. I looked at Tomiwa who was engaged in his books.

Mmm! Serious child.

With this useful time, I used it to check him out. He was wearing a plain orange top with a short trouser. With that his palm slippers which I guess is Nike or Adidas.

Oh wow, I could compare things now with the help of this stupid boy right here that I'm busy checking out.

Looking up, he turned to my side face and just like that he caught me red-handed.
Lowering my head down in embarrassment. A blush instantly crept on my cheeks.

So basically from my peripheral vision I could feel his gaze on me. I looked up one more time and oh yes he quickly removed his eyes. I don't know what is happening to me but it most assuredly feels like I'm running mad already.

++++++

It's Sunday, the most borinest days of my life. I don't think there is anything like borinest in your dictionary, but in mine. Okay? Anyways, today is just going to be pray-on-your-own-day, and thankfully that's the only thing we are doing today.

After praying on my own. I don't know if I did that, but I know I prayed. After praying everyone was given a cup of coffee, did I say coffee. I mean everyone was given a cup of tea for relaxation.

Ugh I can't just wait for today to just end staying indoors is as boring as hell. God, I need some space.