Chapter 29: Let's Go Shopping again!

After the trio had finished having their breakfast, Natsu and Gray escorted them outside the café.

"Are you still not done with this job?" Erza asked.

"No, unfortunately." Gray answered with a sigh. "We're going to be stuck here for a while."

"Think we've got a few more hours to blaze though." Natsu continued.

"I see." Erza nodded in understanding.

"What're you guys up to now?" Gray asked.

"We're going to go shopping together." Erza replied, wrapping her arms around Wendy and Juvia. "Having a girls' time."

"If only you could come with us, Gray darling." Juvia twiddled with her fingers. "I could ask your opinion on my swimsu-"

"Ahem!" Erza covered Juvia's mouth to cut her off. "It's indeed such a shame we can't invite you to come."

"Heh, no worries." Gray placed his hands in his pockets. "You girls do your thing."

"We'll see you later, then. Good luck on the job!" Erza waved, turning around.

"See you later, darling!" Juvia waved her hand at Gray specifically before following Erza.

"Yeah... see you." Gray waved back with a shy smile.

"Natsu!" Wendy called his name.

"What's up, Wendy?" Natsu smiled at her.

Wendy walked up to him and gently pulled his scarf down and, by extension, his head down to her level. Standing on her toes to gain some height, she planted a quick kiss on his cheek. This left Natsu stunned for a moment.

"I know you're just doing your job, and I'm selfish for asking this..." Wendy averted her eyes for a moment, then gazed into his onyx orbs with upturned eyes. "B-But be careful of those... other women." She had full faith in Natsu, but admittedly, she was a bit worried about the other women making their moves on him.

Ah, I guess she must be worried about that. Natsu himself has yet to experience jealousy. Or maybe he has at some point but was never aware of it. Nevertheless, he was sure Wendy had experienced her fair share of jealousy over the past few weeks.

"Of course, Wendy." Natsu grinned, meeting her forehead with his own. "I'll keep that in mind."

"O-Okay!" Wendy blushed and felt cheerful, letting go of his scarf. She ran to Erza's side, but not before she waved good-bye. "See you later, Natsu!"

Natsu waved back timidly, brushing his fingers against his cheek. It was a quick kiss, but the soft sensation of her lips still lingered around for a while. Whew... she sure knows how to get me fired up... his cheeks were evidently red.

"... Let's get back to work." Gray said, patting his shoulder. I wonder if that's how Juvia feels?

"Alright."

...

..

.

At the shopping district...

The Fairy Tail wizards have set their sights on a swimsuit store. Leading her two younger friends by their hands, Erza pulled them to the entrance to the store. Upon approaching the store, they noticed a male individual pacing back and forth, as if contemplating his entire existence.

"What is that person doing?" Juvia asked, eyeing the individual. "He looks suspicious..."

Wendy titled her head, focusing her eyesight on to that individual. He suddenly seemed... very familiar. She has this strange feeling at the back of her mind that they've met before in a similar setting somewhere.