The giants

Me, Leah and Remus left the house after breakfast and getting ready for the day.

We found ourselves in the forest. As we passed a river, I grabbed Remus's and Leah's hand.

"Don't worry. They're really kind. Their leader saved me when I was lost in this forest", Leah said.

I already heard a commotion. "Do they know we're coming?" Remus asked.

"Yes, I told Karkus I may bring some friends next time he sees me. They are very polite. Don't use magic on them. They hate it", Leah says.

The three of us walked up the hill. We got to the top when we saw a group of giants. Two of them were fighting each other and two others tried to pull them apart.

"That one's Karkus, the gurg", Leah said, pointing to the biggest giant. Leah walked down the hill. Me and Remus followed closely behind her.

All the giants looked at us. Remus and Leah held my hand as we walked closer to Karkus.

Leah speaks in a different language. I looked at her in confusion. "What are you telling him?" Remus asked.

"I told him you and your Goddaughter are my friends. That I wanted him to meet you both", Leah whispered.

"I brought them a gift. They're strawberries. Will they want one?" I asked.

"Let's see", Leah said. I gave her my basket. She sat it in front of Karkus. She spoke in that different language again.

Karkus grabbed a handful of strawberries and threw them into his mouth. He chew them and swallowed them.

A smile appeared on his face as he grabbed more strawberries.

"He likes them", Leah said. That put a smile on my face.

--

I was in the forest, standing behind a tree, giggling. I looked behind the tree only to see no one.

I continued laughing. I heard leafs rustling. My uncontrollable giggles stopped.

I looked behind the tree again to see Leah walking  towards me. She looks at me. I screamed with laughter and ran.

Leah ran after me. She grabbed me and began to tickle me. I laughed uncontrollably.

"Hey Remus", Leah said.

Remus was walking over to us. Leah stopped tickling me. I was finally able to catch my breath.

"I found Irina. Now it's time for us to find you", Leah said. I nodded my head rapidly.

Remus looked away from me and Leah. I looked at Leah only to see she was looking at where Remus's gaze was.

Two giants were walking towards us. One of them had a club in their hands. "Where's Karkus?" One of them asked. Remus and Leah walked towards them. The giants looked at them.

"Who's asking?" Leah asked.

"Lookie here. Two werewolves", One of the giants said. The other one laughed.

"What do you want with Karkus?" Remus asked.

"Tell him he has a challenger", The giant said.

"You think you can defeat Karkus?" Leah asked.

"You think you can stand between us?" The giant asked. The other giant grabbed Leah. I gasped.

Remus pulled out his wand and pointed it at the giant. "Let her go", he said. One of the giants pushed him to the ground.

"Let's tell Karkus that if he wants his werewolf friends alive, I shall be the new gurg", One of the giants said.

"No!" I shouted.

Remus, Leah and the giants looked at me. I walked towards them. I knew what I had to do.

"Irina, get back!" Remus shouted.

"I won't let you hurt my family. You're hurting them and I will stop you", I said.

The giants laughed. I closed my eyes. I got as angry as I could. I opened my eyes and screamed.

The wind blew so hard that one of the giants almost fell to the ground. The other giant released Leah.

She almost landed on both feet. Sticks flew towards the giants and impaled one of them.

The other giant looked at me with fear and surprise. I stopped screaming and everything was still.

The giant dropped his weapon and ran. I ran towards Leah and wrapped my arms around her.

I still saw the giant running away. That made me smile. I did that. I did something good.

I was happy that my mother passed on her powerful magic to me.