The Boggart in the Closet

I had to stay upstairs because Remus, Leah and Dumbledore were downstairs with someone else, having a meeting.

I sat in my room, playing with Mr. Boom. Behind me, I heard my bedroom door creak. I turned around, but no one was by the doorway.

Then I heard a voice. It was whispering my name. It was a man's voice.

Looking back at this moment in my life, I realize, this voice belonged to Voldemort.

But I didn't know about Voldemort and most of the Wizarding World believed he was gone for good.

I got up. "Hello?" I asked. The whispers continued. I turned toward where the sound was coming from.

It was coming from the closet.

A child's worse nightmare. Children at the age of 5 believed in the monsters in the closet and under the bed.

I slowly walked towards the closet. Scared out of my mind, but I continued. My hand trembled as I reached for the door.

I wasn't sure whether to call myself brave and stupid for walking closer.

I grabbed the handle and opened the door.

I screamed at what I saw. On the ground there was a dead body. I recognized the dead man very well.

But it's not possible. He's downstairs.

My door swung open. But I didn't look to see who it was. I was busy looking at the dead Remus on the ground.

I sobbed uncontrollably as I laid, curled up on the ground. My eyes shut. I felt a hand grab me.

I screamed. "Let me go!" I shouted.

"Irina".

I knew that voice. I opened my eyes. I saw Remus standing in front of me, not dead. He kneels to my height.

"Are you a ghost?" I asked.

"No. Irina, this isn't real. I'm still alive. I'm alright", Remus said.

"Please make it go away", I said as I cried. I wrapped my arms around him.

Remus pulled out his wand and pointed it at the dead body.

"Riddikulous", Remus said.

I didn't dare look behind me. I cried softly, traumatized by the image. Remus puts his wand away.

"I don't want you to die", I said.

"It's alright. I'm not dying", Remus said.